2,906 results
All reviews central station the grand place waterloo bar great location piano bar lovely hotel few minutes walk the main square bars and restaurants city break chutney concierge train belgium chocolate sauna eurostar
Reviewed 22 June 2008

This hotel 'does exactly what it says on the tin'. The room was small but for a weekend break was fine. The only problems we had were on reception. They couldn't find our reservation when we checked in and on check out, they tried to charge us for breakfast (when it was already included in our deal).

For location we couldn't fault it. Everything is on your doorstep. We did not have an evening meal at the hotel, but if the quality of breakfast is anything to go by it should be great. At breakfast there was literally a choice of everything!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2008

I have stayed at the Royal Windsor many times over the past few years in conjunction with its offer for the La Demence parties. The hotel offers its standard or superior room for this offer at greatly discounted rates; five star luxury for three star prices.

The rooms are adequate rather than large, but are elegantly furnished and has wonderful soft beds. Marble bathroom (but only one sink) and thick towels with a shower and bath make it a luxurious stay. Excellent room service menu, quickly delivered. It has smoking and non-smoking rooms available.

The Waterloo Bar has never been busy anytime I stayed there; the Chutney bar and restaurant at the back of the hotel is a better bet, but with the bars of the Grand Place only 5 minutes away you will be spoiled for choice.

Underground car park for a (relatively) cheap EUR 25 a day. First class reception staff, but WiFi is not free ;-(

Always a pleasure to stay at the Royal Windsor!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stuietoo
Reviewed 30 April 2008

As described in other reviews the Royal Windsor is just off the Grand Place making the location excellent. The room was nice and the staff were helpful. Aside from very high prices for internet service (29 euros per day), the only negative was that the lobby/bar area was dead. I guess with the Grand Place so close there is no reason to hang out at the hotel, but it was just odd that the buzz of people outside my window made my hotel room louder that the hotel lobby. Even on Saturday night the hotel bar closed earlier that the other bars in the area. Next time I might try the Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank MichiganFloyd
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I'm currently staying at the Royal Windsor Palace Hotel for the third night. Having been to different cities around Europe, I think this hotel by far is the nicest in the price range. I stayed at a "business deluxe" room for three nights. It has a LCD TV, a very comfy king-sized bed and nicely mahogany decorated room with free coffee, tea and Ethernet connection. They even have a bath robe. I did not have an Ethernet cable at the time when I checked in but within a few minutes after I called the front desk, a friendly staff delivered one to my room.

There are a lot of so-called 4 stars hotel around Europe (Oslo, Rome, Madrid, Florence, etc.) but in reality they are far from being 4 stars. However, this hotel really exceeded what I expected for the price that I paid. The location is perfect. It is very close (about 5 minutes walk) to the Gare Centrale (Central Station) where you can easily catch a train to the airport or to Brugges. It's also close to the Grand Place, Mannekin Pis and the sight seeing tour bus stop. I definitely recommends the double decker sight seeing tour bus (EU 17, all day unlimited rides). The bus (next to Citibank near the Central station) will take you to almost everywhere you'd like to visit (Atomium, Mini-Europe, EU Parliament, etc.).

One thing I have to say though is that the front desk staffs definitely need a little more smile. They don't seem to be extremely friendly overall but nevertheless, they are surely helpful. The bath room is nice but the water temperature is not quite stable. Sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's cold. I'm just nit-picking I guess. Overall, it's the best hotel I've ever stayed at in Europe for the price that I paid.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank ResaKille
Reviewed 19 March 2008

We visited the Royal Windsor for 2 nights on a Eurostar weekend break from London. The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the Central Station right in the centre of Brussels. Leave the station by the main entrance, cross the road and follow the road opposite (which goes underneath the Le Meridien hotel); keep on this road & the Royal Windsor is on the right just past the church. Easy!

The hotel reception area is plush and the staff efficient. Our room was at the back of the hotel and we could see the Grand Platz out the window. The room was not large, about average size for Europe, but had everything you need including dressing gowns.
We never heard any noise at night and slept very well - though the excellent Belgian beers probably helped!
Continental Breakfast was ok ( included in the price) in nice surroundings and service was attentive but I wouldn't have paid extra for it - plenty of cafes around the Grand Platz offer better value.

It's in a great location within walking distance of all the sights and next to the station with easy links to Bruges, Antwerp etc.
So, for a 4 star hotel (it's not really a 5 star) in a great location in the centre of Brussels you probably can't choose better.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple