2,888 results
All reviewscentral stationthe grand placewaterloo bargreat locationpiano barlovely hotelfew minutes walkthe main squarebars and restaurantscity breakchutneyconciergetrainbelgiumchocolatesaunaeurostar
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel was nice, but definitely not 5-star quality. We are not snobby people, nor did we have too high expectations, just hoped to have a 5 star experience at Royal Windsor, but simply didn't.
After researching a ton of places in Brussels, we found this hotel and were sold on the reviews from other guests. However, to our dismay, the hotel was anything but 5 star. All around nice, but average and kind of lacking. One would think if multiple pictures shows in-room coffee sets and beautiful decor that we would have that same amenity? Nope. No coffee machine in the room, bland decor, super small space, but at least the beds were comfortable. A 5 star hotel, at least for me, is more than just a comfy bed. For the price we paid, we would have liked to have had at least a coffee machine in the room for the morning (especially with a long day ahead, coffee would have been nice).

Again, nice hotel, but clearly not 5 star status. Next time we travel to Brussels we will probably stay somewhere else simply because it was an average, but expensive, hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear sonnybella,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay with us.
We are sorry to learn we did not fully met your expectations. Let me recommend you in the future to discover our website providing more information on our facilities and especially the bedrooms as our business rooms are more spacious and provide free coffee and tea facilities.

We thank you again for staying with us and looking forward to seeing you again in Brussels.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Fantastic location for a weekend break, excellent facilities, very welcoming and clean. Rooms are spotless and well equipped, together with a well stocked mini bar, although very over priced ! A hospitality tray would be good. Restaurant facilities are very nice, though Buffet Breakfast at euros 30 per person is extremely steep. Very wide selection, though Service was slow on tea and coffee.

If your room is at the front of the hotel, it is very noisy, as there is a late night - very early morning Club opposite !!

Staff are very friendly and most helpful.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Shirley M,

We were very touched by your kind comments. We thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.
It is a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property and its location. Your satisfaction regarding our staffs’ services is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your comments with all of them.

On the other hand, I am extremely concerned that your stay has been marred by the outside night life. For your next stay, may I kindly invite you to contact us directly in order to provide you a room at the back side.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future. Best regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed at the Royal Windsor for 1 night in February. Hotel location is great very close to the shopping district and good restaurants. Very nice, pleasant and helpful staff. The lobby is nice. I checked in to a superior room which was very small and asked to be upgraded. The room I was given was elegant, spatious, comfortable but I found the decoration a bit passé. The room was too dark, even with All the lamps on, and had small windows. I liked the bathroom though, even though I prefer toilets in a separate room. The breakfast buffet downstairs was good.
If it had not been for their website which raised my expectations in terms of expected comfort and luxury, I would have had a better rating for this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Voyageur H

Dear Voyageur H,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand’ Place - Brussels I am very happy to see your stay brought you entire satisfaction. I will be delighted to share your kind comments with my entire team.

We look very much forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future. Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was looking forward to the stay in hotel but my stay was ruined as 150 EUR and credit card was stolen from my wallet while me and my friend were in gym and sauna of the hotel.
When were checking in, I wanted to pay with cash I took in advance, but hotel staff suggested to pay after check out, just several hours later when we went out to try the gym and sauna of the hotel, I discovered that 100 EUR and credit card had disappeared from my wallet and friend lost 50 EUR, while some smaller banknotes and mobile phone was left untouched, hence thief hoped it would not be noticed.
We reported it to hotel staff and police. We find it completely inappropriate that there is no security within a 5 star hotel, that you have to use locker every time. During my stay in other hotels I never had any issues. Despite the fact that I lost money, hotel staff did not offer any apologies or compensation (like free one night stay), saying hotel manager would approach me soon. 3 weeks passed since then, but hotel management did not make a single attempt to contact me. Hotel staff said that as per their tracking system, only our keys opened the door, I doubt their statement as I see now on the web at least two other cases when theft took place within this hotel recently while guests left their room for the short time. There is a serious problem within the hotel with security and but management does not want to take any responsibility, does not want to offer any compensation and does not warn guest about possible threats. If you do not want to risk your belongings, stay away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear igor31,

We are sorry you have faced such an issue during your stay with us in Brussels.

We have done our very best to immediately investigate the time you were with us and as a matter of fact, there was no intrusion in your room as confirmed by our Duty Manager.

We did actually write you back but very probably our response arrived when you were writing to us as there is a bit of delay due to the police investigation. Rest assured that we are sorry that the delay of our response has taken longer due to the investigation.

We are sorry again if we have spoiled your weekend and should you wish to come back to Brussels, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me personally.
jvitu@warwickhotels.com

Very best regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here last weekend,had a great time.First room we had couldnt open window because the air con fans outside so noisy and fan in bathroom stayed on all night,next room was better,quiter but noise outside at night was loud.Reception staff very helpful and pleasant.Rooms ours was a buisness room as it was our anniversary they gave us a free upgrade,roomy and spacious,everything you need in the bathroom.The brssells midi train station is a cab ride away,if you are on the euro star,not central station two minutes up the road.Maids come in early so keep your door locked.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear jackieseal,

Thank you to have chosen the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place for this very special occasion and for the kind comments as well.

Sharing your experience of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated. Please be assured I have shared your positive comments with all the staff of the hotel and please accept our apologies regarding the air-co fan issue which has been addressed.

I hope you will return to the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand’ Place again soon and thank you most sincerely for your very kind words.

Yours Sincerely,