“Great hotel at a perfect central location”
Review of Warwick Brussels

Warwick Brussels
Ranked #52 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I'm currently staying at the Royal Windsor Palace Hotel for the third night. Having been to different cities around Europe, I think this hotel by far is the nicest in the price range. I stayed at a "business deluxe" room for three nights. It has a LCD TV, a very comfy king-sized bed and nicely mahogany decorated room with free coffee, tea and Ethernet connection. They even have a bath robe. I did not have an Ethernet cable at the time when I checked in but within a few minutes after I called the front desk, a friendly staff delivered one to my room.

There are a lot of so-called 4 stars hotel around Europe (Oslo, Rome, Madrid, Florence, etc.) but in reality they are far from being 4 stars. However, this hotel really exceeded what I expected for the price that I paid. The location is perfect. It is very close (about 5 minutes walk) to the Gare Centrale (Central Station) where you can easily catch a train to the airport or to Brugges. It's also close to the Grand Place, Mannekin Pis and the sight seeing tour bus stop. I definitely recommends the double decker sight seeing tour bus (EU 17, all day unlimited rides). The bus (next to Citibank near the Central station) will take you to almost everywhere you'd like to visit (Atomium, Mini-Europe, EU Parliament, etc.).

One thing I have to say though is that the front desk staffs definitely need a little more smile. They don't seem to be extremely friendly overall but nevertheless, they are surely helpful. The bath room is nice but the water temperature is not quite stable. Sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's cold. I'm just nit-picking I guess. Overall, it's the best hotel I've ever stayed at in Europe for the price that I paid.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank resakille
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 March 2008

We visited the Royal Windsor for 2 nights on a Eurostar weekend break from London. The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the Central Station right in the centre of Brussels. Leave the station by the main entrance, cross the road and follow the road opposite (which goes underneath the Le Meridien hotel); keep on this road & the Royal Windsor is on the right just past the church. Easy!

The hotel reception area is plush and the staff efficient. Our room was at the back of the hotel and we could see the Grand Platz out the window. The room was not large, about average size for Europe, but had everything you need including dressing gowns.
We never heard any noise at night and slept very well - though the excellent Belgian beers probably helped!
Continental Breakfast was ok ( included in the price) in nice surroundings and service was attentive but I wouldn't have paid extra for it - plenty of cafes around the Grand Platz offer better value.

It's in a great location within walking distance of all the sights and next to the station with easy links to Bruges, Antwerp etc.
So, for a 4 star hotel (it's not really a 5 star) in a great location in the centre of Brussels you probably can't choose better.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tilehurst Traveller
Reviewed 18 March 2008

We travelled Belgium with our last stay in Brussels. We stayed at the Royal Windsor and was not disappointed. It is a very nice hotel. You get a great accommodation for the price, and it is within an easy walk from the Central train station. We were close to all of the historic sights as well. Overall, this was an excellent choice for hotels, whether it is for business, pleasure, or simple travel. I'd stay here again without any doubts. The front desk staff was very friendly. We had a few drinks in the various bars of the hotel, and the atmosphere was very inviting. Overall, this hotel was the tops of any that we've stayed in in Europe. We would recommend this to people on their honeymoon, with children, older, whatever. It was absolutely perfect, and our rate was superb.

The casino was directly across the street, and it was not the positive experience as the hotel. You certainly would not know that they were connected. Our experience at the casino was rather a negative. We gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it again, with the same results. The complaints were centered around the unfriendly staff and overall treatment any time that you interacted with the staff there. For every positive that the hotel provided, the casino was a negative. I'd return to the hotel, but I'd avoid the casino. It was NOT inviting nor encouraging.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank highm
Reviewed 4 January 2008

My family just spent New Year's Eve at the Royal Windsor. The stay was unplanned due to a change in our travel arrangements. We found the hotel clean and attractive. The staff was polite, but not overly helpful. The location is fantastic--two blocks from Grand Place. The hotel has several high end restaurants, but is only a block away from a wonderful street full of Greek restaurants and Pizzerias for a less expensive choice. Like most European hotels I found the room too warm, even with the heat turned off, but the windows open. Since it was New Year's Eve I have to mention how incredibly sound proof the windows are since our room faced Grand Place and the festivities. Since our stay was booked through and online travel agent, we did not pay the rather high room rate posted in the room. I would stay here again, primarily for it's location.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank moddycurl
Reviewed 26 December 2007

This hotel was so so so nice. The rooms were amazing and the service was first class. Have no complaints.
The location was perfect, just round the corner from the main square & train station etc.
Went to Brussels for New Year and it was great. The fireworks in the main square were spectacular.
The tour round the chocolate museum was good.
The restuarants were very busy though so it maybe an idea to book a day or two in advance.

• Stayed: December 2004, travelled as a couple