2,906 results
All reviews central station the grand place waterloo bar great location piano bar lovely hotel few minutes walk the main square bars and restaurants city break chutney concierge train belgium chocolate sauna eurostar
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed over a weekend in August. The room was quiet with great blackout shutters, good air con. I was upgraded, I never ask, but I am always appreciative of the gesture. The fussy room decor was not my style, but the smallish room had everything I needed and was very comfortable. For the price, this hotel cannot be bettered. The location is superb. The staff are 5 star trained and OK the hotel facilities might not be equal to a 5 star like Le Bristol, but then it is nowhere near the same price. I have to emphasise how good the service is here. When something goes wrong they put it right with good grace and professionalism. You get more service for you $ here. I think the staff appeared to genuinly ''like'' their hotel and want their guests to enjoy their stay

Room Tip: Get a room on the side street, No need for taxis to airport, use trains. Take the bus route 48 to get a view of brussels that will surprise you. Alight at Stop Domaine at the tennis club and enjoy an excellent lunch there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Jetflex,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place, Brussels.

We thank you for your comments and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the quality of the hospitality, our service as well as the friendliness of our staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in beautiful Brussels.

Regional General Manager Brussels

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Came here on business and have to say was expecting 5 star accomondation. Room wasn't bad but bathroom felt dated and in general could do with a refresh. The little things i take for granted were also lacking; no iron, no kettle so forget about making yourself a cuppa! As for the internet, it was of poor quality so don't rely on it! Advertised as a double room but ended up with 2 singles. Thought they would have swimming pool but it did not and the gym had 5 machines of which 2 were out of action i would say the hotel needs an investment and some thought put into giving people what they expect. it doesn't deserve more than 3 stars but having said that, i can honestly say the littel things i've complained about all exist in a premier inn!

Room Tip: Insist on kettle and ironing board from the outset.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We are just back from a weekend at the Royal Windsor hotel and had a great time. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Grand Place so perfect for strolling around beautiful Brussels.

We had a Business Première room which was nicely decorated and had everything you'd expect to find in it. Despite reading the reviews here which advised asking for a room at the back because of the noise from the nightclub I completely forgot when we checked in. If you are a light sleeper then definitely make sure you do remember. It was rather rowdy when everyone left the club when it closed but didn't bother us that much.

The breakfast was excellent with a vast choice which was constantly replenished. Probably the best hotel scrambled eggs ever! Lots of fruit, youghurts, cereal, cheese, meats and smoked salmon plus bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes etc and scrummy little pastries to follow.

The female receptionist on duty this weekend really should learn to smile and be a little more pleasant to guests but all the male reception staff couldn't have been nicer. The porter bent over backwards to find us a taxi which was no mean feat as it was Brussels annual car free day when there are no cars allowed in the city apart from cabs so they were in very short supply.

I would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a room at the back (or sample lots of Belgian beer to help you sleep through the nightclub noise!)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis V, General Manager at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear HelenCJ501,

First of all, thank you for your lovely comment and I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel Royal Winsor and that you enjoy its great location.

The satisfaction of our customers is very important to us and a useful way to review our operation procedure objectively.
I read your remark with great attention and agreed with you that a welcome should always be accompanied by a smile and rest assured that this important detail will be specified during the training session of the team of the reception.

Once again that you to bringing this to my attention and looking forward to welcome you back soon at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place in Brussels

Kind regards.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We were wary from the mixed reviews of this hotel, but for us everything turned out very nice.
Everyone agrees that the location is great, close to train station (note that if arriving on Thalys in the Midi station, your ticket is good for the train to Central-no need to buy another ticket). Also location is great for all the tourist spots - including the daily flea market- 15 mins easy walking. The concerige will gladly give you a map with directions to any destination.
Our room, a smoking room, was on the court yard side of the hotel. No view, but had two windows for ventilation and no street/party noise!
Room was very clean, including the carpet. The bathroom also clean, except for the shower curtain liner- which management has assured me is going to be corrected soon. A clean and comfortable room is the most important thing to us.
We can't comment on the Breakfast because at 29 euros we opted for a cafe on the Grote Markt.
Check in and out was easy Wish we were told of the roof terrace, from other guests photos looked like a nice place for a glass of wine and the views.
We recommend and would stay here again

Room Tip: Interior, court yard rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allesvoorjouw

Dear Allesvoorjouw,

Thank you for your recent review of the Royal Windsor Hotel, Brussels. We appreciate you have taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially for its central location (the Grand Place, central station and all the mainly touristic attractions) and the quality of the room and services.

Rightly said there is no need to buy an additional ticket as your international ticket is valid between Midi station and Central station if you are travelling by Thalys, Ice or Eurostar.

For your next with us, we invite you to experience our excellent buffet breakfast which includes Belgian specialities and a wide selection of cold delicatessen.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Royal Windsor hotel Grand Place.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Read the reviews here complaining about noise, so asked for a quiet room. Was given 256, facing the back, which was quiet for my entire stay, which was 4 days.

As pointed out by others, WiFi signal is variable. I couldn't get a good signal in most of my room, only if I stood over by the door. Great signal in the breakfast room.

The room itself and the hotel were both quite nice. Reception was helpful when needed and the guy servicing the room was awesome.

Air conditioning can't be controlled from the room, as noted elsewhere, but it wasn't a bother to me.

Location is awesome. 100-150 meters from Centraal Train Station and another 150-200 meters to Grand Place.

I'd stay here again. Satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing the back. I had 256 and recommend that room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear Zujo,

Thank you for your comments about our property, the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your last visit in Brussels and that your request has been satisfied. Your feedbacks on our many facilities are very important for us and in the meantime, enhancements are being presently implemented to improve the connectivity throughout the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place for your next visit in Brussels.

Kind regards