2,939 results
All reviews central station the grand place waterloo bar great location piano bar lovely hotel few minutes walk the main square chutney concierge train belgium chocolate sauna eurostar minibar slippers
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Long queue at check-in and very slow procedures. Reception is clearly understaffed.
No help with luggage was offered.
Tiny rooms, hairs in the bathroom sink, bathrooms badly equipped.
Shabby furniture, dirty walls.
Room was totally dark when I entered, the lights were unplugged!
Bed side table dirty and sticky. Gross!
Carpet dirty.

Could not discover a single thing which would make this place a 5-star! Therefore, clearly overpriced!

1  Thank Norbert_PA
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Let's give credit where it is due. This hotel is located in the center of Brussels, the staff are all very accommodating, and the rooms are extremely comfortable. On another visit I might be writing to rave about the Windsor as I have stayed there many times before. Unfortunately this was a business trip and simply put the hotel is poor for business travelers. The main problem is that the Internet connection is awful and it's terribly expensive. I bought access for €20 three days in a row and for each of those days I managed to get online 25% of the time. This included being kicked off conference calls and consequently looking sloppy to my colleagues. A hotel of this standing, attracting guests with work to do across borders, and charging the rates it charges, needs to do so much better. In addition I had a light in my room that didn't work and there was a hole in my sheets. To be fair to the duty manager she listened very politely to my complaints, fixed the problems with the room, and waved the Internet fees. She deserves credit for the customer service. That being said as a business traveller I need reliability and confidence. I did not have the former and I have lost the latter. If I travel to Brussels on vacation I will stay at the Windsor again. But for business I will be looking at alternatives next time.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank ECB2010
RoyalWindsorBrussels, General Manager at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear ECB2010

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with tripadvisor travellers.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand' Place – Brussels and mainly its location and our staff members.
Regarding your comment about the internet, I’m pleased to announce that now a free Wi-Fi connection is available throughout the hotel. With this free connection you can now check your emails and surf the web with your smartphones or tablets very easily and for free!

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next stay in Brussels,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This revamped hotel is welcoming and comfortable and is in just about the best spot for visiting restarants, museums and the European Capital. Its food is expensive and the rooms are not huge though they provide all the essentials. WiFi is avaiable at a reasonable extra.charge.
The business facilties are good and reasonably priced.
It has a good gym and sauna.
This is my second visit and, if I live long enough, it won't be the last!

Room tip: Most rooms are 'non-smoking' which - unless you are desperate - you should choose
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Giarcsugref,

We thank you for your comments and I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed the facilities offered by the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand' Place – Brussels.

Your appreciation is important to us, as without such valuable feedback we are unable to review our operation objectively.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next stay in Brussels.

Excellent service. Customer focused. Fast checkin & checkout

Dear Jos_Kenis

I would like to thank you for this nice comment about our hotel and I’m happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that your nice comment has been shared with my team.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Spent a weekend here in feb, great location but hotel could do with a makeover food and drinks are very expensive compared to the local bars and restaurants nearby !

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew h,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with the Tripadvisor Community. Please rest assure that your comment has been shared with the Food & Beverage Manager.