US$ 138
US$ 111
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 141/night.

US$ 162
US$ 101
US$ 93
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Novotel Brussels City Centre(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
US$ 97
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 109/night.

Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 118
US$ 94
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 122
US$ 117
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 197
TripAdvisor
2,946 results
All reviewsprivilege roombelle epoquethe grand placebeautiful hotelart deco stylepublic areas aremini barcentral locationclassic hotelmetro stationbit datedsuperior roomroom was largereception arealocation is excellentbreakfast roomcroissants
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a weekend away with a friend. The hotel has mixed reviews but I can not see why.

We paid £120 for two nights stay for two guest for a grand impressive hotel, with a 5 minute walk to the centre of Brussels.
The hotel is famous as it has appeared in a few movies according to the tour bus.

Negatives:

(For the picky people)

Drains smell when using the sink to brush your teeth but obviously this last for only the few minutes that you are brushing your teeth.

Not eaten here due to the expensive menu of ruffly €40 for a breakfast, however this seems to be the going trend in Brussels hotels due to there being no where I have found for a breakfast in the centre unless u want pastries.

Positives:

Lovely grand hotel, staff are friendly and nice to sit outside with your drink in feb time due to there being proper outdoor heaters. Drinks are an average price €5.50 for cheapest white wine and try the cherry beer €3 (kriek)

I would recommend the city sightseeing tour bus lasting 2 1/2 hours hop on hop of bus. Ticket valid for 24 hours. €24 for an adult ticket this your gives you a true insight to the capital. If you have kept your previous ticket from other city sightseeing
Tour bus you get 10% of.

Turning left out of the hotel and continuing Straight to take a further left opposite food factory will take you into the centre. There is a lot of side streets to go down, you might think your lost but you will always seem to end back up in the centre.

To the right of the hotel is avenue Louise , further up the road. We did not venture this way however on the tour bus this is how we found out what was here and apparently the high street shops run along the main road strip of avenue Louise.

I have wrote this review as when traveling to Brussels and looking at reviews they all seems very mix match so I thought I will write and honest review of the area I stayed.

I would not have stayed in a better hotel, we felt safe in the area. There were a few homeless people asking for money which we assume as they were not talking English but they do not pester you as you are walking to the centre.
We saw one couple give a homeless man a full pizza.

Our flight arrived at Brussels Charleroi airport to find a coach stop to the right of the exit which takes 45minutes to zuidstation
(gare du midi) train station. Costing €14 each way. For us then to get a taxi, which is opposite the coach stop to the metropole hotel costing us €15.90. There is a tram you could get but we arrived at midnight and didn't want to start exploring at that time to the hotel.

There is an underground to the left of the hotel which is really handy to get around if you wanted to.

My friend and I chose Brussels as we wanted a weekend away and this was the cheapest place we knew nothing about the place but we are best pleased and would visit here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Coffeebean92
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Lovely old entrance to the hotel clearly was 5* at some point, sadly the room although clean and comfortable wasn't. If I'm booking a star rated hotel I expect it to live up to what it sold me reguardless of what I pay. That said it was value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Wayne L
Reviewed 18 February 2014

A lovely hotel in the grand tradition. Built in the early 1900's in Art Nouveau style its public areas including lobby, restaurant and cafe are stunning. Be sure and ask for a renovated sleeping room for they are comfortable in soothing style; no plastic and glass here.

The location is great for the heart of Brussels and only a few short blocks to the Grand Place and other places.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank David P
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed on Friday, 14th February for one night and paid initially 100 euros on the hotel website with the option of an extra 20 euros for an upgrade. What value for an extra 20 euros! A palatial room, newly decorated, free minibar, a turn down service and a buffet breakfast thrown in. Astonishing. The bar is nicely old fashioned; drinks not madly expensive and the whole hotel has an opulent feel even though one is paying budget rates. I really don't know how they do it for the price. Go there!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I like to stay in this hotel,it is close to every where,only few steps to Metro station and close to Grand Place.Hotel it self is old but suspicous,needs a good renovation in every part of hotel.I was really dissapointed with the Cafe Metropole,it was closed for a renovation and I really missed to seat there and have a coffee or a cold drink.Hotel is clean our floor maid was so symphatic and she was doing a good job.All the staff has a smiling face,breakfast buffet must be improved,many things and especially fresh cookings are missing.Reception staff is very helpful and I really like t thonks to Mrs.Dorthee for her and her teams effort.The last thing is for the lift renovation or it self,problem shouldnt take a week to fix it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business