Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels
US$ 176
US$ 160
US$ 178
  • Room Service
NH Brussels Grand Place Arenberg(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
  • Pool
US$ 126
US$ 86
2,378 results
All reviewsa business class roomatrium restaurantsea grillthe grand placebusiness loungefree wifistandard roommini barexcellent hotelcentral locationjunior suitethe air conditioninglong weekendbusiness triptrain stationmain attractionsnespresso machine
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I loved the atrium experience of this hotel the most, even though I stayed for only one night.

Check-in efficient and friendly, I was here on business for only one night, but also organising a seminar the following day, so it felt much longer as I used most of the facilities and the staff were always attentive if not over-friendly.

My room overlooked the atrium, which has an incredible restaurant and bar within it, indoor garden and glass lifts, gave it an outdoor feel.

The room very comfortable and well equipped, it was a Business Class room with a coffee brewer complementary, just a warning about the mini-bar, don't MOVE anything, it has sensors which detect this and automatically adds the over-priced goods to your bill. (why do hotels do this? surely more people would buy the goods if they were reasonably priced, I know I would)

Breakfast was the most wonderful selection I have ever experienced, almost anything anyone could need for a great start to any day.

Located a short walk away from Grande Place this is ideal for tourists, business, and eurocrats everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear SteveBMidlands_UK,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is important to us. I have in fact shared your comments with our different teams.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and proud that your appreciated our exceptional Art Deco Atrium and Super Breakfast Buffet.

I am also glad to hear that you have had a successful seminar and were happy with our Meeting and Events team!

We hope to have the pleasure of greeting you again on future business or travels to Brussels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I just stayed at this Radisson for a long weekend trip (two nights, three days).

Location:

The hotel is located just around the corner (go out and turn right) from the Galleries which host a number of stores and chocolate shops. Past the galleries you go further down and turn left towards the Le Grand Place area. In less than ten min you are there. Its hard to be in a more central location! You are also near two of the famous bars that are a must visit while in Brussels as well so you can't really go wrong. The hotel is down down a side street which is nice as it is not loud during the evenings but yet your close to everything.

We were also able to walk to the Sablon area which using the map from the hotel was easy to do and not as far as we thought.

Rooms:

The rooms were spacious and clean. It was exactly what we were expecting. You don't spend much time in your room while on holiday so as long as my rooms are clean and comfortable, I'm happy. We faced the courtyard and had no problems with noise or anything else.

Staff:

The staff were extremely nice and helpful. From the moment we walked in until we left they were a huge help!

Gym:

The gym was typical of any hotel. It had more then one of each machine but was not huge. Located on the top floor there was also a sauna inside the changing rooms. The massages started around 50EUR for a half hour. We did not try this so I can't comment on the quality of them.

Additional Info:

The hotel will lend umbrellas if it is raining for a 25 EUR deposit. Just make sure they cross off your name when you bring it back

I took a cab from BRU (Brussels Airport) and on the way to the hotel it cost 40 EUR and on the way back was 55 EUR. Definitely got ripped off on the way back given that there was no traffic and on the way to the hotel I hit a bunch of traffic. Note to self, pay attention to the meter, I'm sure when the hotel called the cab he just gave me a flat price rather then using the meter (my own fault probably).

If you take the train in to Brussels, its only a few stops on the local line to the hotel. A friend that met me tried it on her own and said she had no issues at all finding the hotel after she took the local train.

The hotel has free internet for guests and computers located behind the reception desk which you can use to check into flights.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard would be the quietest
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank slorin721

Dear Slorin721,

Thank-you for having taken the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. We are grateful for your detailed feedback!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your weekend with us and made the most of our hotel and its location. I am particularly proud that the quality of your experience reflects the Yes I Can spirit we are committed too.

We hope to have the pleasure of greeting you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and the service as just exceptional. Reception staff who check me in was very helpful and the lady (sorry dont remember the name ) was excellent. Breakfast staff specially Juses was excellent.
In short thank you to all staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Rohit B,

Thank-you for your review!

I have shared your comments with our team, including Jesus, as we are appreciative of your feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the quality of our service, which I am proud reflects the Yes I Can Spirit! and the 100% Guest Satisfaction we are committed to.

We hope to have the pleasure of greeting you again on future visits to Brussels,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have used this hotel many times for brain storming meeting about our business and organized years ago already an international meeting.

Professional service.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Brussels (I already did and they were very satisfied).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AWinch
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We like to say 'YES' - thats the mission, but not for this Radisson. Personal even don't know about the mission...
I've saved there for 4 days. The Atrium restaurant was overcrowded with the groups and individual guests didn't have an opportunity to have dinner there. The other restaurant (the one with Micheline stars was closed). Trying to find a place to have dinner I've asked the personal of Atrium rest if I can have quick dinner (1 hour long) - but they refused with 'everything is reserved by the groups and we don't know when they will finish'... Ive pointed on some free tables and asked about them, but they said "we don't know when the people will come"...

The next thing Ive proposed - to call my room when the table get free, but the rest. stuff 'didn't understand' what I'm talking about... all the tables are reserved. After 5 minute talking they decided to offer me the possibility to order dinner in the bar. thats very easy, but i have to talk 5 min to have this 'offer'.

when I came to the bar and tried to order a bottle of wine to accompany my starter and the main dish - the bar stuff say - 'come on, you are in the BAR, its not the atrium rest., the offer to order meals from restaurant is some kind of EXTRA service and we are not going to do MORE, if you are not satisfied with our EXTRA service - here is our bar menu - enjoy meals from there and forget about the restaurant menu'... I was shocked. the only one thing I've asked was - if it is 5 star hotel and if they LIKE to say YES. the bar manager replied - it's 5 star hotel and its fully booked - we are saying YES not every time....

At first I had an intension to have a conversation with the hotel Manager... but then decided not to make such a present for this hotel...(critical customer reply=present for company) Im not making presents for those who are not ready to it... Not going to become better

Thats something wrong with the service in this hotel. Some stuff doesn't speak English (bar, rest). Im not satisfied also with the quality of room cleaning... towel changing service, and also cleaning stuff doesn't say "morning" :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leader300
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Leader300,

I am deeply sorry to hear about your experience and have immediately shared your feedback with our teams!

I regret that your last stay with us did not reflect our “Yes, I can” service philosophy, the usual level of service we are known for. As you may know we are also committed to 100% Guest Satisfaction. Therefore, would you please kindly address me your contacts details to reach you directly and discuss this?

Please allow me to apology for the experience and, sincerely hope having you back with us in the future to show you our positive spirit.