Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels
US$ 143
US$ 136
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 280
US$ 102
US$ 96
US$ 140
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Grand Place Arenberg(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
  • Room Service
US$ 89
  • Bar/Lounge
2,376 results
All reviewsa business class roomatrium restaurantsea grillthe grand placebusiness loungefree wifistandard roommini barexcellent hotelcentral locationjunior suitethe air conditioninglong weekendbusiness triptrain stationmain attractionsnespresso machine
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Brussels has always been problematic for hotels when we are trying to find a place to accommodate our orchestra. We need something close to where we perform that can handle 125+ people efficiently and that has good access from the street for buses, trucks etc. The Blu is the best we have found and it is a well run property - it is always the staff that makes or breaks a stay. The rooms are well laid out for work and rest, the staff helpful and usually friendly and we can walk to the Palais des Beaux Arts - a major plus. The location is great in respect to centre-ville and there are many restaurants in the area. One my favorites is Cafe de Mort Subite or in English, Sudden Death Cafe - where else but Belgium would they dare to use such a name! The one area that is tough is the bus/car/truck access but the whole city is like an Escher print - confusing, quaint and tricky. Cannot fault Radisson for that! It would be helpful if they staffed the back door which leads directly to the road to the hall. It is not the distance, it is the confusion factor I am trying to avoid!

Room Tip: Allow extra time to get anywhere in Brussels - taxis are not always waiting and traffic can be a bear.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed over the Easter break,the hotel is very central,we had a problem with our room the first night,to be fair to the hotel they sorted the problem immediately and we were moved to a business room,we couldn't give a comment on breakfast as we didn't have it in our package,but it was 30euros a person,the hotel decor is nice and hadn't little or no faults on our behalf

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Decktyrone
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very nice hotel for a few days in brussels. A little complicated to get to and not the best place but the quality - especially for business - makes up for it. Great Lobby, kind staff, excellent rooms and nice breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel is generally outstanding. There is a parking space, be sure that your car is no more than 1.8meters in height. Based on some tips here, we have to reserve a space, and so we did then we were told that it is not necessary because they dont accept parking reservation. We then went on to the receptionist who was so pleasant and welcoming but in the middle of checking in the phone rang and he picked it up and we were put into hold standing in front of him for atleast 15 minutes. I hope that they give priority to clients in front of them rather than a phonecall that should wait. The staff should have known what to prioritize. After that disappointing initial encounter we went to our Business Class Room, which was really nice and cozy, clean and newly renovated. We had access to the Business lounge which contains Coffee, tea, coke, water and apples which u can bring as much as u want inside your room at anytime. Ice maker at the corner and 2 sets of computer which we have no time to check if it really works...anyhow we dont have a need because we have our own laptops. Iphone works also with the free wifi. The room is equipped with coffee (nespresso) and water boiler for tea. There was sauna that is open till 7pm...which is disappointing, they should adjust the closing time till 10pm. A staff roams around knocking all the door if guests need anything at around 7-8pm. The breakfast offers a wide array of food...european style ofcourse. The hotel is perfectly located at the heart of the city. Just few minutes walk to the Grand place. It was a nice experience except from the receptionist part.

Room Tip: Business Class Rooms are newly renovated. No need to reserve parking space.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Although the location was good (close to the train station and a short walk to La Grand-Place) and the room was okay, I found the service rather poor. Wondering whether to use the gym before or after an early dinner, I double checked the hours with the concierge who assured me that the hotel gym would be open when I returned. It was not. Instead I took a nice long walk and looked forward to a hot bath. Returning to the room, I found that the screw-in stopper in the tub didn't work, so I called down for assistance. After waiting almost an hour I decided to just go to bed so I called and told housekeeping to forget it.
Don't get me wrong, these are not tragedies. They are minor annoyances, but when you are at a hotel for one evening before traveling on, you would like it to be as pleasant as possible. At check-out, I was offered a complimentary upgrade the next time I visited Brussels. Strange for a hotel that says "100% satisfaction guaranteed - we make it right or you don't pay". An offer of complimentary breakfast would have been nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GatsbyUSA
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear GatsbyUSA,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions. These are very valuable to us.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, and have shared your feedback with our teams.

As you know, we are committed to providing outstanding service and work hard, in all possible ways, to ensure that all guests leave our hotels happy and satisfied.

As we hope to have the opportunity to make your stay with us memorable, I invite you to address me your contact details directly so that I can ensure that your next stay with us satisfies you completely.

Kind regards,