1,857 results
All reviewsschuman metro stationfree wifileopold parkplace jourdanmaison antoineeuropean quartereu areaeu institutionsfunky hotellarge tveuropean commissioncomfortable bedgreat showerwalk in showercity centrereception deskcroissants
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I enjoyed my stay in this colorful and well decorated hotel!I really liked the opportunity I had to recycle and make eco-friendly choices!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Coennie, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Hi DIM M,

The Aloft Brussels Schuman was awarded the "green key", the only internationally recognized green label within the hospitality sector. You will indeed find many initiatives around the hotel that motivate both our guests as well as employees to make a green decision. You can "make a green choice" in your room by turning down housekeeping services for a day in return for a 5 euro voucher for instance.

Thanks for noticing!

Have an easy breezy day.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Like it, everything is good, room are so nice and comfortable. will live there again when i have chance to go back to there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Coennie, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Hi Chilli P,

Short and sweet but oh such very nice comments. Thank you for taking the time to comment about us here on tripadvisor!

Do let us know when you will be back once again. We'd love to take care of you.

Have an easy breezy day.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is my second time staying at an aLoft hotel. My experiece has been similarly impressed each time. Very well priced for all the amenities. This one is perfectly located about 2-3 blocks from a metro stop, 4 stops to central station. Also, 2 blocks away is another nice plaza with excellent restaurants. And it is in between two nice parks. The only problem was the overpriced parking, but it was reasonable when compared to other hotels, and the walls were not very thick--it is annoying when you can hear the closing doors of other guests. I forgot to mention the awesome staff...very friendly and accomodating. They gave excellent recommendations for meals!

Stayed: May 2012

Hi airpower4,

It seems like you're becoming a regular within Aloft! We're slowly but surely expanding around the world with hotels to be added in the Middle East, Asia, USA, etc over the coming years. It will only become easier to stay with us.

We are very happy with your review and positive comments about our location, facilities and staff. Really highly appreciated. We do hope you will stay with us again, next time you visit Brussels.

Have an easy breezy day!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband stays at the hotel at least twice a month. My son and I went to stay with him last week. No extra charge, even for breakfast! We were greeted by our names each time we passed by reception and really felt at home! When my husband had arrived this time he was sent off to spend the first night at another hotel due to overbookings but thereafter he was upgraded to a lovely suite - so we had plenty of space to move around! Thank you Aloft!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Limassol_11
Coennie, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Hi Limassol_11,

Now that makes my day! What a lovely review and thanks for sharing your experience here on tripadvisor. So sorry we had to relocate your husband elsewhere for one night but I'm extremely happy to see we were able to turn this around into such a positive. Qudos to our staff and you!

We do hope you will be back with us soon.
Have an easy breezy day!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is one of those places you have a hard time reviewing. The style of hotel is different so do you review it like "normal" hotels at that price point or as this hip chic different hotel. Therefore I have mixed reviews.
We actually stayed here twice on the same trip. I am an SPG gold so I had points to stay so I can only compare the price point to others at 10,000 points. For me the hip chic self serve was a downside to the hotel. I don't want to check in with a machine, while it could be faster if you have questions the machine can't help. Also the one big long lobby while cozy during the day is a wild noisy place at night.
So the GREAT about the place. The staff!!!!!!!! At the front desk we checked in early since our flight was in at 7 AM. We took the bus from the airport and was dropped off a very long block away. The bus at 3.50 is cheap and saved the taxi fare. The room was not ready yet but they had a room cleaned as soon as the cleaning people arrived so by 9:30 we were in. The front desk was personed by a lovely lady who was absolutely in control of the desk. She remembered my name and my wife's name everytime I passed by. She constantly asked how we were doing. Even after we left and we returned 3 days later she remembered names and prior conversations.
Room size was large like a US hotel
The good was the bed very comfortable. Also free internet was good as well as water in the room. Nice shower head with good pressure. Good neighborhood around the EU with the Metro nearby

The average was while located at the EU and Schuman Metro is nearby, it is away from the downtown area. For me not a big issues since it is about 1.2 mileas away but others look at it as far from the core. The other issue was outlets. If you have more than 3 things to charge you have to search for outlets especialy since the chair at the "desk" is about 6 feet from the outlet

The bad was small towels, no bathrobes (other Starwoods in town have them) , small closet and NO drawers so you need to live out of your suitcase.

So I am not sure I like the concept and generally I would prefer a "standard" hotel but the people made it a good place to come back

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wwtravelerRochester
Coennie, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Hi wwtravelerRochester,

Thanks for taking the time to write such an extensive review on your view at Aloft and your stay with us in general. I'm glad to read that, even though our design might not be your cup of tea, we were still able to impress you and make you have a great time. The fact that our staff has contributed to this in such a specific way is special to us and tells us we're doing the right thing. We'll ensure to pass on your comments and celebrate with them on a job well done!

We are indeed a little outside the old city center but with excellent public transport connections (2 metro stations within 3 mins walk) or a nice 40 minute stroll passing the EU district, royal palace, etc it's actually very conveniently located.

We do hope you will visit us again, next time your schedule brings you to Brussels. Until that time.... have any easy breezy day!