“Great tapas and friendly staff”
Review of Publico

Publico
Reserve with
Publico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 4,047 Restaurants in Brussels
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

I was staying around the corner and walked past this restaurant and decided to try it out. It was a Monday evening so not too busy but I was very impressed with the tapas menu and atmosphere. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. I must go back when it's busy (later in the week) but recommend it

1  Thank Nunnyboy

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Publico is a very good and cosy restaurant. The food is delicious. Service is really amazing. I really liked it. The staff is super friendly. I wish, I could live in Brussels and I could come everyday. Especially I want to say special Thank's to meusieur Ardtan. He is the best staff, I have ever seen :)) , he is very friendly and helpful. And price is not expensive. I want to go again :))

2  Thank Eyüp Can S
Reviewed 2 March 2016

On a saterday evening, my plan was to dine in 9 & voisins. Unfortunately, it was fully booked. The greater brother of 9 & voisins, fin de siècle, was also fully booked. A little further in the street, you have Publico. So why not try it?

I was pleasantly surprised. Friendly and efficient service. Beautiful cosy interiour, great bar, acoustics were ok. Correctly priced foods: italian, mediterranean, but also typical Belgian dishes. Large variety in menu card. Medium priced. I noticed that the drinks were very reasonably priced for Brussels area.

I took the tuna steak, medium cooked. It was perfect, fresh and very delicious!

During my visit (a saterday evening), it was incredibly crowded. The place was entirely full. I sat on a table next to the income door: constantly people going in and out and a cold draft from the outside.

4  Thank bdesmet
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

So me and my friends went here based on the feedback that was given on TripAdvisor, in hope that this was the perfect resturant for us. We didnt do any reservation, we just went by and the waitress that welcomed us in the door said that we only had to wait like 10-15 minutes and then we can have a table, so we took a beer in the bar. In the bar we got the menu for drinks, but even though we havent got a table yet the male waitress wanted us to order the food - but we cant order the food if we havent got a table. When we got our table we didnt even got to sit down and the waitress asked us one more time if we have decided what to eat. We said again that we havent even got to look on the menu so if he could wait a bit and we can order. When we fanially got our food it was.. ok. Not more. My pasta had more cheese than pasta, and my friends food was drown in fat. The male waitress was SO stressed and NOT serviceminded and we felt that he didnt wanted us there. We wanted desert but no one came to take that order, so we wanted to pay. Since it was me and my friends that was eating we wanted to pay seperatly, witch never, ever, been a problem before - but when i asked the male waitress about this he just said " no " and walked away. Im very, very disapointed for this service and wouldnt recommend this resturant.

Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

Went here with my partner based on trip advisor reviews. Tuesday night very busy but managed to find a table, served quickly good beer good wine and very tasty food at a reasonable price. The difference here though was the Albanian born Real Madrid fan serving us who kept professionalism a priority but treated us as friends. He always served with a smile and was a big reason why we went to the bar after the meal to continue having a drink - great for business as we spent the same again at the bar! Highly recommend, especially if he is working, thank you!

2  Thank JC271190