“Excellent restaurant”
Review of Isaac's Kosher

Isaac's Kosher
Reserve with
Isaac's Kosher is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 1,554 Restaurants in Antwerp
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I was looking for a different kosher restaurant but when it started raining I ducked into the first place I found. What great luck! It's a pleasant place with comfortable, uncrowded seating. Isaac, the Israeli owner, quietly makes his presence known and takes care that everyone is well served. I ordered the tomato soup - simple but excellent - and the goose breast, which was a real delight. Even though it wasn't on the menu, he happily prepared for me a schnitzel sandwich that I could take away for the following day's meeting in Brussels.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

food was simply great, the taste of the different dips and sauces delicious, the soup of the day have a perfect size and the main dishes are very good.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

AS we eat just kosher meat, Isaac kosher is our favorite place for lunch or dinner.

The service is usefull and good. Delievery is quick and the menu is full of great options
Visit there, you will sure enjoy

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

We visit Antwerp, often, and this has, by far, become my favorite place to eat, relax and feel welcome. The food is beyond amazing and the hospitality is second to none. If you are visiting and looking for that place to make your dinner tradition in Antwerp ... This is the place. Bring your appetite because every single dish is exceptional. Thank you so much for your hospitality and I can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Yesterday I had dinner at this restaurant with my friend. The waiter was friendly, but the waitress was not. I ordered the chicken liver with date sauce (one of the house specialties) and they explicitly asked me if I preferred the liver with croquettes or something else. I said the croquettes were fine. Nevertheless, they managed to put mashed potatoes instead of croquettes on my plate without any further explanation. This I could still live with; worse is that a few hours after I finished this liver, I got very sick in my stomach. Obviously something was wrong with the meat and/or the dates. The price was around 17-18 euro if I remember correctly.
The home appetizers were also very small and not one ounce of bread was served with them.
My friend had tajine with lamb, which was very expensive (24,50 euro, this I remember exactly because it was so absurdly expensive!) for some small pieces of lamb meat with one small prune and no potatoes or bread. Only after my friend explicitly asked for some bread, it was served.
I know other places in Antwerp where you can eat very good tajine with lots of meat, prunes, potatoes, bread etcetera, for only 11 or 12 euro!
So personally, I will not go back to Isaac's kosher mediterranean restaurant. Not withstanding my intestinal problems, the taste of the food was in itself ok. But way too expensive for what it is!

2  Thank joris_claes2