“Delicious - feeling on holiday”
Review of Calamares

Calamares
Ranked #285 of 1,497 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Moroccan
Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

I went there last night and we had a very nice evening! There is all kind of fish in the counter where you can choose from and pick a mix of what you like - the octopus was my favourite (but that's personal preference) we had a very good meal with plenty of fish for 29 eur (for two persons) - so it's very cheap - i will definitly go back! The staff was really nice as well. Don't spread the word too much - this hidden pearl should stay as it is!

2  Thank Céline W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Calamares

Reviewed 28 April 2015

Delicious fish, cooked properly with a moroccan touch ..
Personally I find it a disadvantage that no wine is poured unfortunately. I understand this . The right taste, freshness, friendliness and especially the hospitality make this thing completely. Perfect

1  Thank Youssef A
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I visited Antwerp last week for a conference, and I was looking for a good restaurant that I can walk to from my hotel next to the central station. I searched tripadvisor and this hotel came up in the mediterranean section within the first 10. There were 4-5 reviews, but all were very good, so decided to give it a try. After the meal I decided to come back next day, which I did and I wasn't disappointed at all. So, both experiences were excellent. The range of fish is simply huge, MashaAllah, more than 20-25 different kinds of fish and seafood you can choose from, you can have it fried or grilled. You can simply choose as many kinds as you wish and they can cook it for you and serve it on a platter. I really liked it and the fish and the seafood was fresh and delicious.
So, if you like fish and you happen to be in Antwerp, this is the restaurant you need. It has two floors, during winter time I recommend the second floor, warmer and nicer.
I heard that if you go there during weekends you should expect to queue up, but during weekdays it should be ok, I found a table in both visits and I did not have to wait for one.
If I come back to Antwerp, this will be the first place I will visit.

1  Thank Nabil K
Reviewed 20 April 2014

An amazing place where to find the widest selection of excellent seafood, for an unbeatable price.
Looks like a fish-shop, where you'll have first to do your selection. And then you'll find a table in the picturesque arabic-style salon on the first floor. Fish and seafood can be grilled or fried at your choice, or you can opt for an excellent paella.

2  Thank Karlito451
Reviewed 1 September 2013

when you enter you see a well chilled, immense choice of fresh fish, prawns cuttlefish etc. You make your choice, with the good advice from the guy at the counter. Thet put it on a scale and you pay the incredible low price of € 16.50 a kilo. Then they prepair it in the way you want it. On the grill, deep fried, baked etc. You can order a side salad and French fries.
Then you have to choose te eat upstairs or downstairs.
Downstairs it is fast food atmosphere, upstairs there is a real restaurant in Arabic style filled with Maroccan families and a rare tourist.

Enjoy your great meal here ( there is no alcohol in this restaurant )

3  Thank Jan-Herman L