“My NEW favorite one”
Review of 5 Flavors Mmei

5 Flavors Mmei
Ranked #787 of 1,734 Restaurants in Antwerp
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best chinese restaurants you can find at the moment. Go and try the Dim Sum and the black pepper beef and you'll agree. AMAZING good food.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Eating out should be pleasant. We had a long waiting experience here before. So we said: lets go early at 630pm. We were 3rd. 2 people.
And we gave them a call in advance what we would take. The lobster. Nothing has changed. 5 Flavors of Mmei is completely filled with people looking at each other who gets their food first. The food is great but the waiting becomes so annoying that we will in the future avoid coming here. If you have 3-4 hours to spend and you dont mind waiting an hour between every dish go there. If not stay away.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I have visited this restaurant a few times now and the quality of the food served, ranging from home made dim sum to Typhoon Shelter lobster is outstanding. Everything is made with great care and using quality ingredients. The restaurant decor could however reflect the price somewhat more accurately. Its not shabby, its simply lacking in personality. The service is friendly, but a little slow.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Though the food was good, the portions are small. Impossible to ascertain the food didn't contain msg. The service is bad, the waiter couldn't understand me, my friend or my husband. Nor could he tell us what the entrées were. No explanation in the menu.
Atmosphere? None! Formica tables, no tablecloth, no soy sauce or chili sauce on the table. The wall covered in spatters of food. No air conditioning.
Takes a long time for food to appear.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I know there is hype around this place, with prices to match. The food is very ordinary, not even good, and, it's a day later and I can still feel it in my stomach. There are so many better and cheaper places to go, why here?

Date of visit: April 2017