“Delicious Italian comfort food ! ”
Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Reserve with
La Lanterna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #373 of 1,538 Restaurants in The Hague
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

If you really want to have some good and cheap Italian food, this is the place you should go to. From pastas to Pizza's every thing on the menu is great. Service is good and the staff is genuine. Suggestion : do try the pesto spaghetti, vegetariana pizza with extra fried eggs on top. I also love the coffee they brew , so espresso is always good to finish with.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Good location. Easily accessible. Spacious seating and good ambience. Good collection of wines. We did not go through the menu and preferred the Italian gentleman to suggest and prepare our food. The antipasti and the spinach ravioli pasta was really good.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We went to this restaurant basically because it was just a short walk from our hotel but we're so glad we did. The place was doing very brisk business for a Monday night and the staff, who all appeared to be Italian Gentlemen of a certain age, were very welcoming. We had spaghetti bolognese and a pizza and we both enjoyed them. We noticed quite a few people arriving for takeaway so it's obviously a popular place. There was a large table of women at the back of the restaurant which gave us a little concern when we arrived, but, honestly, they were so quiet we wouldn't have known they were there, so different from a large female party anywhere in the UK! So all in all a good choice and one we would certainly recommend. A nice touch at the end of the meal was the complimentary drink, not the usual Limoncello which I hate, but a very nice aged Sicilian drink which just finished the meal nicely.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Really friendly and helpful waiters but pizza when it arrived was actually pretty tasteless with a nice crisp base so just 3 stars I'm afraid

Rob

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I took friends to dinner here a week or so ago, and was delighted at the choice they had made as native Nederlanders !
The restaurant has an extensive menu of all the usual Italian food types, and some quite good red wine choices to go with the meals. Seating is comfortable, spacious and not over-crowded, and the ambience is happy and family-oriented.
I tried the salade caprese and found the dish tasty, even though the tomatoes were cut a little too thickly in my opinion and were freezing cold having come from the frig. Not the greatest, but okay.
My pizza was a simple marguerita topping, and was absolutely delicious and crisp with no oil leakage from sub-grade cheese (as often happens in my home country).
My friends had variously pizza and a veal dish, both pronounced delicious and disappearing fast.
I decided to try pannacotta again and it was truly scrumptious, the best I have ever had.
This seems a family-run business catering to families and friends, and was a wonderful choice. I am looking forward to going back again soon.