“A GOOD NIGHT ON A BUSY SATURDAY”

La Galleria Scheveningen Boulevard
Reserve with
La Galleria Scheveningen Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 1,540 Restaurants in The Hague
Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Olive trees, warm tones, a colorful tiled floors and gorgeous furniture: in this intimate atmosphere we serve traditional dishes of Italian cuisine. Overlooking the promenade, beach and pier in Scheveningen you find yourself in a piece of Italy on the Dutch coast. Live music makes on weekends for an extra dimension to your night out. The heated and covered in bad weather, terrace you can here all year round from early morning until late evening linger. La Galleria Boulevard is suitable for a romantic lunch or dinner and business meetings. Here, groups of up to 350 people enjoy a reception, (company) party, workshop or wedding.
Reviewed 5 June 2017

My wife and I ate here with some friends and their family who live in Scheveningen; there were six of us in all. They had eaten here before so recommended it and we booked a table the same day. It was a good choice. The waiter taking our orders seemed a bit regimental to start with but he softened a bit once he was aware that we would not be rushed into ordering and eating.
I'll only comment on my meal although there were no complaints from anyone. I had Calzone and it was very good: hot and nicely cooked. (Others had calzone, saltimbocca and lasagne.) My dessert was Scroppino (lemon sorbet, prosecco and vodka) and it was just what I needed: cold and delicious. Others had Torta Limoncello, Cocco Pazzo and Cheesecake). It was a Bank Holiday weekend with good weather so the place was very busy but they coped well and it created a good atmosphere, helped by having a live pianist crooning away. The night cost Euros 181. Not bad at all!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Found the restaurant on Trip Advisor. We were seated quickly - there were 9 of us. Dogs welcome indoors - we had two. The food was excellent. A really nice dining experience on the beachfront. €25 pp inc drinks. Would recommend.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We wanted to try seafood, as the restaurant is located on the promenade, but it was an awful choice. We ordered a mix of fish, which had a bad smell first of all, then when we tried it, the taste was bitter and it was obvious that the fish was not fresh at all. The worst seafood mix we ever had.
Despite the food, the waiter's attitude was quite unpolite. I asked for tea types they served and his answer was...look in the menu to see...
So, we returned our food back with a big dislike and left immediately.
I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

I arrived at the place because it is one of the fewer restaurants in the zone opened after 7 pm during the winter season.

Staff were very attentive, committed and proactive in giving me suggestions and patient to tell me how to say some simple sentences in Dutch.

Talking about the food, I tried a grilled Salmon served with vegetables and potatoes. Size, taste, and temperature were right. I selected Tiramisu as a desert.

My preferred selection of the night was the Fresh mint tea, sweetened with honey. It was perfect beverage for recovering myself on a cold evening.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We have been to this restaurant many times through the years. The food has always been good, sometimes excellent, the service varies. Some waitresses/waiters do their utmost, some don't. Today our waiter was very slow, after we ordered food and wine, the wine took still wasn't there after about 10 mins. We asked the waiter about it and then another couple of minutes later he brought the wine. The food came shortly after. My wife had a pizza, which was fine. I had pasta with prawns. The sauce was too runny, too wet for my liking. It was still tasty. Not bad., but could have been better. After that we asked another waiter for two cups of coffee, After about 15 mins we asked "our" waiter again for two coffees and the bill. A couple of minutes later he brought the coffees and we asked for the bill again. We usually tip the waiter, but this time we didn't. Altogether not a bad meal but we've had better meals and service at La Galleria in the past.