Went to the North Sea Jazz Festival 2017 and decided to stay at the Bilderberg Park Hotel. First time to Rotterdam so I didn't know what to expect, but the hotel was lovely. The Metro train station is just around the corner and shopping, museums and places to eat are within walking distance. We actually took the train to the festival with no problems at all. The staff was very helpful and pleasant and the rooms were nicely appointed. Ask for a room with a view because the night view is very nice. There is a simple but good breakfast buffet each morning and, though they do have room service, for other meals I would opt for walking around and trying restaurants outside the hotel. They also have bicycles you can rent to ride around because biking is a big part of how people get around. There is a city bus tour close to the hotel where you can hop on and off throughout the tour if you get on early enough in the day. If I ever come to Rotterdam again, the Bilderberg will definitely be at the top of my list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkhotel originally dates back to 1922 and has been offering outstanding service and hospitality in the port city of Rotterdam for more than 90 years. The entire ground floor of the Parkhotel was renovated in 2014. The original DNA and unique Parkhotel atmosphere have been retained and combined with contemporary design. The 189 comfortable rooms have every convenience you would expect of a four-star hotel. Several of the rooms have a balcony with a view of the wonderful city garden. The Deluxe and Executive tower rooms, at a higher level, offer a wonderful view of Rotterdam. The hotel has 50 secure parking spaces, a sauna and fitness facilities. Restaurant The Park - inspired by Erik van Loo offers contemporary design, a cosy aperitif bar, Cigar Lounge, Private Dining and a wonderful veranda which opens onto the city garden and the terrace. The menu features signature dishes by Erik van Loo, among other specialities. The chef patron of the restaurant Parkheuvel, which has been awarded two Michelin stars, is the supervising chef of The Park. Together with chef Richard de Vries, he creates outstanding dishes which are characterised by their quality and simplicity, combined with a playful twist. In 2014, The Park won the Rotterdam Gouden Pollepel award. The Algemeen Dagblad newspaper gave The Park the following review: 'A restaurant which scores highly in every detail and means that Rotterdam can now join the ranks of other global cities where locals are used to eating in a high-calibre hotel restaurant.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bilderberg Parkhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Hotel Rotterdam