“Okay.... - Friendly but Average & Pricey”
Review of Hotel Port

Hotel Port
Ranked #5 of 28 Rotterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst on Business in Rotterdam. You cannot fault the staff, they are both helpful and friendly.
My Company had paid 150 Euro per night excluding breakfast and parking.
It's not worth that sort of money, for me 75 Euro would have been enough to pay.
It's clean and tidy but dated.
Bathroom had a shower cubicle from the 90,s and a Jacuzzi bath, clean but dated..
Towels were past their best some years ago and soap came from a dispenser on the wall.
It has no air conditioning which makes it feel very muggy on a warm day.
Breakfast was very basic, I was very unimpressed.
On street parking costs Euro 1.67 per hour from 8 hrs to 18hrs, ie you pay 10 hours in a 24 hour period (euro 16.70).
So, with breakfast you are looking at Euro 175 per night with a car.
It's simply too much.....for me on any day.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I was there visiting my son with my family. I chose the place because it's close to where my son leaves and it is a very nice and quiet neighborhood. The hotel is clean, room are pretty small, no place for you suitcases, but the bed is comfortable. The bathroom is small but with all you need including hair-dryer. The staff was kind but not very helpful. They couldn't give us the right indication for the boat touring the harbor (actually they sent us somewhere else), they didn't produce an extra key for the room so my husband arriving at 1.30 am had to wake me up to enter, they weren't able to spot they key of the bicycle I had left on the counter.
Wifi is good. Breakfast is not included. The price is high but Holland is expensive and Rotterdam is a big city and therefore the price is what expected. There is the possibility to hire bikes and a place where to leave your own.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2017

The hotel is run by a turkish family and they are very much caring so that you can enjoy your stay.
The room we had was clean and alright.
Bed was good.
The hotel is well located and the city is within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Stayed at this small Hotel in July, it is run by a Turkish family who cannot do enough for you! There was no air conditioning so I asked for and was given a fan, the breakfast was serve yourself, very reasonably priced and plenty of choice. I asked if they did evening meals and they said they would cook specially for me if I wished. The room was basic but clean and I would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the Hotel away from the road would probably be a lot quieter at night.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Kabakyer, Manager at Hotel Port, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you very much; we are delighted that you have appreciated our efforts to make you happy during your stay. We look forward to meet you.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Stayed here for a week while I was in Rotterdam. Hotel is well located, and very close to Coolhaven station.
The room was bright, compact, and clean.
Staff were all particularly friendly and helpful. Certainly would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Kabakyer, Manager at Hotel Port, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you very much for your warm review; we are happy that you were content and happy about us. It will be an honour to host you again in the future.