Bastion Hotel Utrecht
US$ 121
US$ 116
US$ 100
US$ 96
Star Lodge Hotels(Utrecht)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
US$ 217
US$ 130
US$ 124
  • Pool
Strowis Budget Hostel(Utrecht)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspark rideaverage star hotelfree car parkrestaurant downstairsfriendly personnelsecure parkingbusy roadkey cardhot waterrooms are nicecentre of townquiet areaten minutesbus stoptop floorcentral stationmotorway
Reviewed 23 April 2012

the hotel is located next to a highway and commuter station. But there was very limited noise from traffic. There is nothing to do in the neighberhood, but then again, I was there to eat and sleep.

Breakfast vas very good, with very friendly and cute waitresses... It made my day...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2012

OK hotel, wouldn't think its the HQ of its chain though. Room was acceptable, staff were friendly but I was very much expected to pay in advance for breakfast every day despite booking a room-only rate.

At that, the breakfast, and all food, was very poor quality to my tastes although maybe not by Dutch standards. I had one breakfast and two dinners here and really wish I hadn't had any.

The hotel is fairly far outside of the city centre to walk, but it is right beside a junction on the ring road, has parking, and is beside the tram line so access is very good over all.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking time to leave a comment on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately I read that your stay in our hotel was not at your satisfaction. I can assure you that the right actions have been taken to exclude these happenings in the future. You are more than welcome in one of our hotels again, so we can show you that this was an incident.

Kind regards,

Maik Willems
CEO

Reviewed 4 November 2011

The staff didn't bother to proactively check the comfort of the guest unless when asked.

I had to wait for almost 15 mins when I requested for an Iron table.

I had an important meeting and I was already getting late. When I called the reception, the lady who picked up the phone didn't understand the urgency.

I had to go down, wait for another person to come and then I was able to get the iron table.

Room Tip: Go for NH Utretch instead
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This hotel is a good hotel and has been recently facelifted. Room rates are reasonable and rooms are comfortable. Breakfast buffet is limited in options but is good quality and sufficient. The main reason I stay at the hotel is that it is on the metro line into Utrecht city centre which runs into the early hours. Although not the best hotel I have ever stayed in, it is my first choice when I stay in teh Utrecht area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a week, on business.
It was the begining of April and we had some quite bad weather, it was very cold. The hotel room offers heating by central air conditioning system, which only works when your card key is inserted! i was of course away all day, and came back to a very cold room. Plus, the bathroom has no heating at all, except by keeping the door open. There were also occasionaly some problems with the shower, when the water would change temperature for no reason, so you had to shower carefully.
Other than this, I found this a very pleasant hotel to stay at. The room was quite adequate, except for the very small storage space. Everything was kept clean and tidy, towels changed, bathroom supplies replaced every day. The TV was actually useful, as it had programs in english. Internet connection was good enough.
They offer the usual hotel breakfast of very good quality. We had dinner at the restaurant a couple of times and it was also very good, and reasonably priced.
Hotel staff were efficient and friendly.
Overall, i would recommend the hotel, but not when heating is needed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business