“Ok restaurant but nothing special”
Review of De Admiraal

De Admiraal
Reserve with
De Admiraal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 215 Restaurants in Zwolle
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 28
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Well, quite an ok restaurant in a pleasant atmosphere. But then it stops here... The food is just ok, nothing more nothing less. The prices are a bit too high compared to what is offered. The staff are friendly but also not on the level of (even) an average restaurant.
The cocktails are disappointing... But the dessert was quite good.
Do I go there again? No thanks!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank al3xand3r2015

Reviewed 13 August 2018

De Admiraal is a nautical themed restaurant. It offers quite ok food, however don't expect anything special. The service is decent, but quite chaotic. The prices however are on the same level as the food, so no big reason to complain

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Okay, you look at the front and this only gives you a small idea of whats inside, i nearly walked past, having found out my planned restaurant, The Vaca Negra, was full. I went inside and from the moment I entered and was greeted by a big smile I fell in love with this restaurant and its atmosphere, that is just magical.

I was shown to a table and ordered a drink. The service is very friendly and not pushy, which I liked. I was given a menu and told about some specials. I chose a carpaccio of beetroot, followed by an Argentinian Fillet Steak and then a Fresh Brulee. I talked with some of the other diners whilst soaking up the atmosphere . The light was low and the restaurant seemed to glow. Wood and bricks and more wood. I instantly felt relaxed. The starter was fantastic, with frsh salads and dressings. The steak was cooked rare to perfection and melted in your mouth, the obligatory chunky chips and mayo even tasted good. Mayo gets served with everything, but is fresh and tasty as apposed to the rubbish we have in the UK. I got recommended a glass of excellent red wine, a Rioja and then the dessert. WoW, simple, fresh, warming and YUMMY. The food, the service the atmosphere all brilliant, very enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Very good restaurant. A big choice from menu. Very polite personal. Kitchen is good. Tibon, ribait, seabas I love it. I will recommended to my friends and colleagues!. Hello from Kazakhstan.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Nice Rib Eye steak with a fabulous unique salad but I'm not a fan of their steak sauce. I had mushroom sauce, IMHO, the sauce taste was not blend with the steak. Love the wasabi crackers tho. The ribs were great. Classic old restaurant look, a bit dark for dinner, friendly staff, reasonable price. Around 70 euros for two, ribs appetizer, steaks, wine and coffees. We will be back for sure ;)

Date of visit: November 2017