All reviewsfree wifitea coffeeper personcentral amsterdambuscentre30minabutfridgetoilet
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Great service. I got a free upgrade because a large group was on my floor.
Big, clean rooms. Excellent value for money. Was the best price on lastminute for last minute booking. Wasn't sure at first but glad I booked it.
A bit out of town but easy regular bus.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BastionHotels, E-commerce at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear mister/madam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to hear you've enjoyed your stay at Bastion Hotel Zaandam. We always try to offer our guests the best possible rates. Most of our hotels are a little bit out of town, but are easy to find.
My colleagues are looking forward to welcome you again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Thumbs up for Bastion! Recommended. We have been using different Bastion Hotels around in Amsterdam, and Bastion Hotel Zaandam is the best one. Not very central, a little noise from the road, but nice personal and amazing food in the restaurant. Also there is a Shell store / gas station across the road.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
BastionHotels, e-commerce at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Therese,
Thank you for your lovely review. We are very happy to hear about your great experience. Bastion Hotel Zaandam is located a bit far from Amsterdam city centre, but it's close to Zaandam city, a popular tourist attraction.
We are looking forward to your next stay at Bastion Hotel Zaandam.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel , some of the staff where a little snooty which put us of asking for any help with directions or the best sight seeing tours.
Zaandam was a little to far from Amsterdam, (40 mins there then 40 mins back) I'd advice anyone to book a hotel in Amsterdam even if it's a little more expensive

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
BastionHotels, e-commerce at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Sue E,
Thank you for your message. We're delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Like you already mentioned, hotel Zaandam is not that close to Amsterdam city. It takes 30-45 minutes to get to the center, especially with public transport. My colleagues are always happy to provide our guests correct transport and sightseeing details.
Nevertheless, we are looking forward to welcome you again at Bastion Hotels.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

I have been staying in large and small hotels in the Netherlands over the last forty - fifty years. And I can't remember being disappointed one single time.

Kind humor, fair and square, everything promised is there - and sometimes more than promised. Parking in front of hotel entrance, a well functioning restaurant and - if it P.C. to say so, and don't understand this wrong - ladies that know how to make an old man feel at home.

Will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear mister,
Thank you for your beautiful review and staying with us. We are very happy to hear about your pleasant experience. Such a great compliment. My colleagues work hard to give you the stay you expect.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

2 of 3 days with a 90% powercut in the room, I couldn't charge my laptop or cellphone. Also had to take baths with the door open and light from the outside. It was total crap.
After that, I went to sleep at 2am, and I was woken up by hammers and maintenance work in the room that was above me, at 7 am. I could not even rest.
People was really nice, but the service I got was terrible. It wasn't worth it and I felt I lost money.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BastionHotels, E-Commerce at Bastion Hotel Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear mister Lino,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
We are sorry to hear you were disturbed by the workers of the renovation.
Since the workers were not allowed to start before 9am, we apologize for the inconvenience they may have costs.

Please feel free to contact us so personally.

Thank you in advance we hope to welcome you again sometime to show you our high level of service and quality.

Kind regards,