“Good food, good service”
Review of Subliem

Subliem
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Subliem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 374 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 21
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went to Subliem using the Albert Heijn (local supermarket) restaurant promotion.
We were first not very pleased we would have to choose from the surprise fixed menu (fish, meat or vegetarian) but we have to say the food was veeery good! My husband had the vegetarian first dish and meat as main. I had fish for both.
Tasty, simple and good.
The dessert was amazing, chocolate mousse was delicious.
Recommended!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We were quite impressed with the menu choices, the quality of the food preparations, the wine and especially the deserts and service!! My wife and I ended up going here for dinner 3 times during our 1 week stay. I would say absolutely the best of the best!!!

2  Thank 42scott
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We were a party of six and had an early evening booking so the restaurant was quiet to start. The food was top notch. We had the taster surprise menu, choice of fish or meat for starters and again choice of fish or meat for mains(we were asked if anyone required a vegetarian choice.) All of my food was exceptional. I do not know the name of the guy who took our orders but he was very professional, explaining everything about each item. A very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

WE dine out regularly in Haarlem, usually in the centre, but we fancied a change so gave Sublime a try. We definitely weren't disappointed! Starting with octopus and a lovely fresh house salad, we then decided to try gambas and calf's liver, which is is cooked in a rush sauce with apple, bacon and red onion and flambeed in calvados. We didn't have room for desserts, but the next table did and the chef gave us a free cabaret by making spun sugar at the table. Nice environment, great chilled white wine and excellent food.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

A few years since we were in Haarlem. Found a few places had changed but glad to see that Subliem was still there and table booking still a necessity. A few changes in staff but the standards have got even better.

A change of chef in the kitchen and the old menu brought back and made upto date. A winning combination for this old favourite.

Old favourite of black aberdeen angus steak went down a treat as did the chefs dessert platter.