“Beautiful & intimate ”

Grand Cafe Bon Vivant
Reserve with
Grand Cafe Bon Vivant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 394 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 28
Description: This place is already famous for a few years in Bennebroek with the same owners. The serve the most delicious spareribs and will be doing that to in their new restaurant in Haarlem soon to open in the beginning of oktober.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at this beautiful restaurant.
We were attended to by the lovely owner who made us feel welcome and looked after.
The staff helped translate the menu to English. For someone who doesn’t eat much pork I ate half a rack of their ribs which claim to be “The best in town”. They Deffinatley were the best I’ve ever had!!
We were given mini bites while we waited for our starters which was a lovely little touch!
Would highly recommend this restaurant if your looking for a lovely dinner with a pleasant atmosphere.
We will be back!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Had food last night, and I highly recommend this place, my friend and I both ordered the flat iron steak which was absolutely melt in the mouth lovely.

Staff were very helpful, and very friendly. Thank you all for a great night xx

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

By far the place with the beat spareribs in downtown Haarlem. The place looks really nice and the staff is very friendly. Strongly recommend the ribs, they're absolutely delicious! Beware though.. the portion size is quite large :)

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had 3 meals here. 1st meal-great food, okay service. 2nd meal-food okay, mediocre service. 3rd meal-marginal food, unacceptable service. Even after complaining about waiting 20 minutes to receive a menu and be acknowledged by the wait staff, not receiving my meal in it's entirety nothing changed. It was a busy night but it was the worst service I've ever received. After waiting 20 minutes for the bill, I put my coat on, waited, scarf on, waited and finally decided to "saunter" out the door giving every opportunity to the team of 3 wait-staff to stop me with a bill to pay. I'm not sure they even know we left as it seemed obvious they didn't know we were there. Of the 3 staff members available the pretty blonde woman was only interested in taking care of tables with an assortment of men sitting at it. She did everything possible NOT to make eye contact which becomes extremely irritating to a customer. The table of 2 couples next to us was also suffering from bad service. It seems to me if table service is that difficult perhaps the venue is understaffed and management should take a hard look at the problem. It basically felt like they just didn't care about having our business. It was really weird. So, beware and plan to bring your patience along with you. You may need it.

1  Thank Frenchginger57
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We were with a large group of 12 but this was no trouble for the wonderfully accommodating staff. Lots of tables were put together so that we were all comfortable. The food was great too with the spare ribs a real winner. One of the group makes these at home and is a serious connoisseur. He declared these the best ribs ever! Great place to have dinner and staff try very hard to please the customers. Recommended!