“One of the oldest bar”

Ranked #1,821 of 4,519 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were walking around and we stumbled by this old quaint bar where we had some beer, service was good .washrooms are available but the female one is upstairs. Good wifi is also available.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My husband and I visited Cafe Mooy on a few occasions in March 2015 while on vacation. There was a gentleman bartender that served us. He was fantastic. Very friendly and cozy atmosphere. A couple nights later we visited again and he remembered what we had ordered and brought it to us just as we sat down. We have never been so impressed. The white wine that I ordered was the best I have ever had to this day. When we went back in May of 2018 we didn’t see him but there was a woman bar tending. She was ok but sure could learn a lot from him.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a drink after dinner. Service was good, plenty of choice and lots of space to sit outside and watch the world go by. There is a traditional pub across the road as well, so there’s plenty to look at.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I went to this bar on the day of the UCL final to see the match. When I orderes th bartender was really rude. The bar was almost empty.
I drank 3 beers and at the second i drank my last sip the bartender started pusbing me to buy more and I say said that i wouldnt aa i did not want to get drunk. This was 5 minutes before the match ended and he said that i had to leave and i said that after the match. He proceeded to tell me that I could not use the bathroom amymore. Then he standed between me and the TV and said that he would call the police ans threatened to push me. When I told him to call the cops he retreated behind the bar and started talking at me(i guess insulting me) in dutch.
He had kicked out 3 of my friends before for not drinking constantly, even when warned that one of them might fall to the floor if he kept drinking. Apparently this bars policiy is to treat people in the worst
On of the worst places Ive ever been. I disrrcommend it.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

An old fashioned / traditional Dutch bar serving a good selection of beers.

Both inside and outside seating areas. The outside area is on one of Amsterdam's quaint lane ways. A great place to just watch the world go past.