1,339 results
All reviews tram stop cafe kale basement room rooms are small heineken experience lounge area walking distance continental breakfast bigger room top floor cold meats dam square central station boutique hotel breakfast was excellent stayed here for nights boiled eggs
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a great hotel and made my recent trip to Amsterdam. The reception staff are so friendly and helpful. I was given some local restaurant tips, all personally recommended by them, and was not disappointed. (You should add 'Veg-Out' to the list!). I also ate in the Cafe across the road which was like a pub. Good food and nice relaxed atmosphere. I'd also recommend visiting the School of Life across the road for some philisophical inspiration, good coffee and banana bread.
The room was fine for my short stay and the shower was particuarly good.
The only grumble was some noisy neighbours but nothing that unusual for a hotel.
The lounge area was great for a late drink and relaxing on the comfy sofa infront of the fire. The breakfast was excellent and the bar served a great cup of coffee!
The hotel itself was in the perfect location and a really nice area. There was a tram stop right opposite and you're a 10 minute walk from Museum Island and lots of other attractions. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I would go for a 1st/2nd floor room.
2  Thank kiirkers
Reviewed 27 March 2018

The V Frederiksplein Amsterdam is a very agreeable hotel, situated in a quiet area of the city. It is conveniently situated near a tram stop and is close to main attractions, such as art galleries and the Artis Zoo.

The bedroom was modern, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the continental breakfast with its delicious breads, cheeses and fresh fruit.

Hotel staff are pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a spacious top floor room
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I have bean coming to Amsterdam and surrounding areas for last six years and i found hotel V Frederiksplein as the best one to stay while working in the city. The staff are the most lovely people i have ever met in Amsterdam hotel among them there are some outstanding members off staff that always make every thing they can to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Agnes from management is just superbly good and kind person always greeting me with big lovely smile.At the bar there is Iva that is just making the best English cup of tea and always is there for a conversation bout anything. All the staff are exceptional i do not have enough space in here to wright about all off them. You can trust me hotel v Frederiksplein will not disappoint you expectation!

Room Tip: when you there ask for loft apartments!
1  Thank canibal288
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We booked 2 double rooms and one loft room for three nights. The loft was perfect and very spacious, but the 2 double rooms were so small!! like really small. My mother asked for a bigger room and was promised one on the last night but never got it ! The toilet paper was like so hard and cheap, towel in room was tore! night porter told us to move from reception sitting area at 1.00 even though we still had drinks.
positive- lady at bar was very friendly and it is so close to the trams

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ash M
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived early morning and although we couldn't check in until 2pm staff were more than happy to keep our bags safe and offered us a drink after a long journey. Reception and bar staff were so friendly, Eva made the best happy hour cocktails!! Nothing was any bother and they were all so chatty and gave good advice about the local area and where to visit.

The rooms were immaculate. We stayed in the lift, it was trendy, comfy, warm (but easily cooled with the window open), the shower was so powerful it was lovely after a long day exploring this beautiful city.

Breakfast was such good value for money, eat as much as you like and all cooked fresh.

Location was perfect, walking distance of pretty much everywhere and if your feet hurt the number 4 tram just across the street took you to every tourist spot.
Would recommend getting the 3 day travel pass at the airport (€26) as this gets you on trains, trams, buses and ferries, such good value.
Would definitely stay here again. Thank you hotel V for a memorable stay.
Mr and Mrs Moore