All reviews free coffee and fruit central station minute walk comfy bed no air con steep stairs the red light district vending machine would stay again bigger room decent size first floor mini fridge light sleeper reception area city break hotel is great
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, Fri-Monday, at the start of August & it was pretty much what I expected for the price we paid.
Pros:
Good location, walking distance from central station but out of the hustle & bustle.
Speedy check in. Free coffee at reception.
Room was small but clean & tidy.
Nice modern bathroom & comfy bed.
Cons:
Our rooms were in the basement of the hotel & looked into a courtyard with approx 12-16 rooms that all have a window that open into the same courtyard. It was very hot weather and with no air con in this hotel we were forced to leave the window open to sleep. Unfortunately everyone else was in the same boat so it was really noisey with the echo of everyone talking.

This basic hotel served its purpose for a lads weekend away but I wouldn’t take the Mrs here, you get what you pay for & we would usually stretch a bit to get something nicer like the double tree across the water.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lloyd a
Reviewed 25 August 2018

The hotel is within a short walk from Centraal Station and tram stops, which is useful for travelling around Amsterdam. Only stayed at this hotel for a place to sleep while I, along with friends, spent most of the time out and about in the city.

We were put in basement rooms (3 rooms in total), and one pair of friends had to move rooms twice as they smelt too strongly of sewage. One staff member seemed reluctant to move them, saying there were no available rooms, however, another member of staff did give them a different room the following day.

The room I stayed in was okay, though there were a lot of spiders and some bugs squashed on the wall which must have been there prior to our arrival. These were never cleaned during our stay. Apart from these minor issues in my room, there were no other problems.

I would stay here again, but only to use as a place to sleep, spending most of my time outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms below ground level.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Very basic hotel. Noisy rooms. Dirty toilets. Soon we checked in the receptionist wanted to see the credit card we have used for the payment which I didn't had it on me and they wanted me to pay the whole amount again. Took the security deposit for the room which I have never paid in the past. No bottled water available and receptionist told us to drink the tap water. They had the tea / coffee machine and the service was complementary but again the staff didn't mention it while we were checking in.
We didnt have a pleasant experience with the library hotel. Very Basic. No Aircorn.
I would rate it a 2 Star.
A. Hassan

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Made a last minute booking in Amsterdam for our layover. Picked it because we had 7 people, and the hotel offered a room for 5 and room for 2. It was centrally located, 5 min walk to central station and near red light district. The rooms were small and simple but had everything we needed. Except ac, but it was unusually hot when we were there so not normally necessary. With the heat though, it was sweltering. The other complaint was that the rooms had no exterior windows, just one to an internal courtyard, so when we had our window open for air, we could hear all the other rooms w windows opened, and were awakened by someone loudly speaking on her phone at 2am. The desk staff were friendly and helpful. The front lobby offers coffee machine for all day use. They do offer continental breakfast for an additional fee of about 12 euro/person, but we didn’t try it so can’t speak to what it offered. All in all, a reasonably priced hotel in central location but not glamorous - good for a night or two.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank travllovr521
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Close to the train station if you arrive by air and get the train into Amsterdam it's a short walk to the Hotel. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable. The hotel has a charm about it mixed with a modern edge. Though I did not have breakfast the room came with complimentary bowl of fruit and and tea and coffee making facilities.
The location was great, a short walk round the corner takes you on to quiet residential streets with a typical Dutch feel. A short walk in the other direction and you are back at the train station where you can pick up a tram to the museums, or you can walk into the main tourist streets. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If sharing a room ask for a room on the ground or first floor when you book. Basement room was great for 1 but small for 2.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo