1,119 results
All reviews bank building exchange building rooftop pool porter restaurant w insider duchess restaurant wow suite spg member royal palace dam square top floor cool bar wonderful room cool hotel concierge desk frosted glass bottle of champagne
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Outside noise is mainly cut off by the windows, but it is the repetitive internal booming base “music” that permeates the building until something like 02:30 every evening. It seems to be the same music on repeat you hear on 2nd floor with the same silent interval before it starts again. No excuse for causing a really bad night sleep repeatedly when paying over €660 per night. Never again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank Steven B
Igor B, General Manager at W Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Steven B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for choosing W Amsterdam for your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was overshadowed by the noise levels at MADFOX. At W and MADFOX we do have music and DJ’s playing some nights of the week. Of course we wish your inconvenience had been avoided altogether and I am sorry that you were disturbed by this. We certainly understand that there is a fine balance between those who want to plug and play and those who don’t. The Exchange building is considered to be the more vibrant and energetic side of W Amsterdam. Whereas the Bank building offers a more sophisticated and calm atmosphere.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to W Amsterdam, and perhaps you could let me know when you are planning your next visit, in order for me to ensure you have a good time.

Thank you for staying with us and all the best,

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We almost loved this hotel. Wonderful amenities, wonderful staff, wonderful location, wonderful room. The only reason for four stars are the numerous depictions of sexualized women in this hotel. See attached pictures from front desk. I received a response from the hotel that I don’t “appreciate fine art” — quite an uninformed response...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank csfm

Dear csfm,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

First of all I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us at W Amsterdam! W Amsterdam is known to be a vibrant hotel with a bold and playful attitude. We are very sorry if any of the art work in the hotel could have been offensive to you. In some parts of the hotel, such as the Bank building, the art work rotates after a few months.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I had the good fortune to spend a long weekend at the W hotel Amsterdam.
I previously had the pleasure to stay at the W Amsterdam in Feb earlier this year with 4 colleagues.
I had a great time then, so decided to bring my son back for a long weekend,

I am moved to express a further message of thanks. I commend Igor Buercher, who has cultivate a sublime experience within his Hotel, the staff are all so consistently wonderful wherever you encounter them. I would like to single out what a wonderful asset they have in Meri-Tuulia, she ensured we had an amazing experience, a huge thanks to her and her team for bringing an even more personal and thoughtful experience to us both, it was quite remarkable.

The kitchen staff were marvellous too and added a really great complimentary service that parallels the elegance and style of the accommodation.

The room service was perfect, the Marvellous room was a wonderful upbeat dream, the space, light and décor so vibrant and refreshing, even down to the choice of toiletries (the bliss products) there was no area that this wonderful Hotel disappointed – Top Marks all around. The pool and spa were fantastic and calming, the breakfast at the duchess was a wonderful experience too, it has such a charming classy style.

My only complaint, was it was really hard to get to see Amsterdam due to my son’s love of the hotel (100% true). I of course knew he would like it, but this surpassed my quite high expectations. The high quality room service also aided him in his endeavours to justify staying longer in the room.

In all we are very grateful, to the hotel.
So much so that I have chosen this as a location for me and my 4 colleagues to return to for a team bonding weekend at the end of September, we are all booked in at the W and can't wait.

Consider me a lifelong fan now.

Please extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for your wonderful exemplary hotel, To Igor, Meri and the whole team, also the finest standards in service in all departments.

We had many places in Europe to choose from, I hope the Amsterdam tourism board realise what a gem they have in your establishment, it was the significant deciding factor in our choice of destination.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Stevaperry

Hello Stevaperry,

Now THAT is what I call an amazing review!

I am delighted to learn about your excellent stay and happy to hear that your son also enjoyed a great time. Making sure our guests have a comfortable and pleasurable stay with us is very important to us and I am therefore very happy to hear that we have been able to give you this wonderful and memorable experience. I will make sure to personally pass on your compliments to my team and especially to Meri, I’m sure they will be very pleased to hear your comments.

Thank you very much again for your wonderful review and for being a most valuable returning guest. We certainly hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Second time this year I visited this hotel. Stayed from 7-9 sep in room 310. When I checked in I requested a silent room and this very friendly receptionist gave us this perfect room that I loved so much. Love the modern touch to it. Breakfast was like always flawless with an amazing view on the royal palace and all the historical building around it. Location of this hotel couldn’t be better. The bar on the 6th Floor is awesome for cocktail hour with a DJ playing to bring the visitors in the right mood. Will definately coming back very soon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at W Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hello nico36,

Thank you very much for sharing your excellent review! I am very happy to hear about your wonderful experience at W Amsterdam. From the contemporary design, our spot-on location to the W Lounge, I am very glad you loved it all.

We hope you can visit us again here in Amsterdam soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We read the mixed reviews on this property beforehand and having had great experiences at W Doha & W Barcelona, we decided to book W Amsterdam for my husband’s birthday. It’s a beautiful, well-located property but it seems to be -already- run down after three years of operations and caters to the young, hip & trendy party crowd in the centre of Amsterdam which comes with noise...and a lot of it. We had a terrible experience being allocated a room on the first floor of the Exchange building with prime view on a local pub and an Irish pub and their adjacent outside terraces. Which 5 star hotel sells rooms at more than 400 Euro’s per night opposite what must be the liveliest pubs of whole Amsterdam with an exstatic crowd yelling, singing and screaming until 3am? I didn’t quite get that. To round it off, this room had stains on the carpet, scratched furniture/clost and parts of the curtain blinds hanging loose. Not quite your 5 star experience.

The next morning, we were able to change rooms to a room on the fifth floor with an inner courtyard view. Staff was helpful to accomodate our request to change rooms. This room looked less run down than the other. So far, so good. Until we noticed that the new room only had one set of night curtains, no overday blinds. So overdays we either stayed in a pitch black room curtains down or stayed curtains up in a room where all other hotel lobby and bar guests enjoyed a prime seat view into our room and could follow all our room activities. During the night, the bar on the 6th floor went on spinning dance tunes until the early hours of the morning, and we of course were treated to full blast in our room on the 5th floor.

On the plus side, the food in this hotel is absolutely on point. We had a lovely experience dining at Mr Porter and enjoyed twice the nicely varied breakfast. Cocktails in the bar on the other hand seemed to take forever to order and to serve - staff seemed more like Club Med animator style hanging around and having fun amongst themselves rather than being attentive to their (paying) guests.

To sum it up: come here for the food, stay somewhere else - at least if you want to enjoy some decent shut eye time and rest during the weekend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aziza95

Dear Aziza95,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing W Amsterdam for your recent stay.

W Amsterdam is located right in the middle of the city center. The building has 6 floor levels and due to the location we are surrounded by streets and intersections. Consequently, a certain level of street noise is prevalent. Also, there is no doubt that there is a fine line between those who come and stay at the W Amsterdam for the colorful and vibrant experience, and those who want it to be quiet and relaxing. However I regret to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay and that we let down a supporter of the W brand. Making sure our guests have a comfortable and pleasurable stay with us is very important to us. We will certainly review the points you have mentioned in regards to the rooms and necessary repairs will be made by the relevant department.

On the more positive hand, I am very happy that you enjoyed your dining experience at the destination restaurant MR PORTER. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to them. I therefore do hope to welcome you back to show you a true W Amsterdam experience.

Do let us know if you decide to return as we will gladly look after you.