“Delicious food and cosy atmosphere!”
Review of Moeders

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I heard about this restaurant on Lonely Planet and walked for half an hour from my hostel to find it - definitely worth it! It's a very popular place, so if you're in a group it's probably best to book in advance. The staff were very friendly despite how busy it was. I ordered stamppot followed by apple pie and everything was delicious! It was a lovely way to eat traditional dutch food. The atmosphere is cosy, with photos of mothers from all over the world decorating the walls. If you bring your own photo you can actually add it!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We were staying a bit out of the centre so I looked for places we could get to on the tram and this place came up, it is actually called Moeders if you are searching for it. We didnt book and when we arrived it was packed, but the lady said a table would be ready in about 10 minutes if we could wait outside. She came out to get us after about 5 minutes and we were seated. The place is covered with pictures of mothers, hence the name, none of the crockery, cutlery or glasses match which is quirky, but it tells you the story on the menu. There are a lot of very nice things on the menu and there a few specials as well. We went for the Dutch Rijstafel to try a few different things and it was delish and plenty of it! The apple pie for dessert was to die for! The staff were really friendly and chatty and it was a very good experience from start to finish.I would recommend booking as we were just lucky with timing as the place stayed packed until we left.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Loved all the photos of the mothers from all over. We added our mothers as well as a couple of friends. Our waitress was adorable and the service was warm and friendly. It's a small place, but the food is wonderful. They serve on mismatched dishes and glassware, which just adds to the hominess of the place. I would definintely make it a point to visit her again when I return to Amsterdam in the future. I would recommend the Hollandse Rijsttafel / Dutch Ricedish which is a typical Dutch meal. I'm told its what a Dutch Mom would make you if you visited her home. At Moeders I feel like I did visit a Dutch mother.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Feels like you are eating at home. We ordered the Hollandse Rijsttafel / Dutch Ricedishfor two. Everything was delicious and kept you wanting more. Will definitely go back!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2018

A must see place. My daughter and I loved the atmosphere, all the mother pictures and the food. Off the beaten path, but worth the visit

Date of visit: June 2018