“Not so bad”

Guadalupe
Ranked #3,662 of 4,593 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was surprised to come read some of the negative reviews. My family of 4 had a good time, and the food was very good. We ordered the tapas plate, and it had a huge variety of things. Several BBQ ribs, chicken wings, onion rings, calamari rings, feta, another soft cheese, olives wrapped in fish, an what resembled a Jamaican Beef patty (or empanada?) it was about 1:30pm and the food was very fresh! The Nachos with beef were not bad. They came with some seasoned chips, kind of like cool ranch doritos. The severs were at first maybe a little stiff, but warmed up to us quickly. If it had not been so windy we wood have sat out side which may have been a little more comfortable. We weren't offered a high chair, but I didn't ask for one either, so I don't know if they had any.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Location is great and practical. The food is not good. It is a restaurant dedicated to mass tourism and it is really bad. If you want to eat good meat don't go there neither to all the steakhouses in the neighborhood. They are all tourist scams..

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Myself and my boyfriend had stopped outside to look at the breakfast menu and before we'd read a word a lady from the restaurant came out asking if we were coming in. It was quite unpleasant however we were very hungry and on our way to the airport so we went in. The food was ok - though the pancake toppings overpriced. We only experienced the breakfast so not sure what it's like for dinner, but don't think we'll return any time soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We took my niece to Amsterdam to celebrate her 18th and she wanted to go for Mexican one night and my husband had seen this place on his travels.
We were seated next to the window over looking the harbour, the radiator was cold and there was a draft from the window.
My sister asked what the Tapas platter included and the waiter replied “whatever I’ve got left in the kitchen” against better judgement she ordered it anyway.
We were upsold Nachos to start and when they came the guacamole was frozen in the middle and the sour cream was not sour cream.
The Tapas was indeed a collection of fried leftovers. And the strangest collection I’ve ever seen - none of it was authentic to the theme of the restaurant. I had the steak that came on a cold plate (so the food was cold within 5 minutes) and the Peppercorn sauce was congealed and had clearly been reheated. It was like jelly gravy. My husband had Burritos which again was microwaved. The ends of the food was cold, but the middle was scorching. The guacamole was again frozen in the middle. My niece had chicken fajitas and her rice was cold (we weren’t sure if it was meant to be?), when we asked for extra wraps as there was still filling left, we were left waiting for 20 minutes so her food was cold.
Really bad.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I’d recommend to pass this place and avoid going in. It’s expensive and they can’t cook. The entire food was “canned heat” and even below McDonald’s quality and taste.