“Something for the way”

Ranked #6 of 35 Bakeries in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Plantage & the East
Neighbourhood: Plantage & the East
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have not sat down at this place, only took some pastries from their bakery. Everything I got in the morning was fresh and just out of the oven. Next evening I went for more, this time it was evident that the products were baked many hours earlier and were not as good.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Tried their parma pizza for a quick bite and I really liked it. Not exactly a standard pizza, but it was made of good dough and very fresh ingredients so it was quite tasty. Next day I went in again to buy some sourdough bread to take home, it was also very good. Would like to go back again to try their cheesecakes and croissants which all looked yummy.

1  Thank besttravelist
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful place where you can sit and watch your bread being baked from sour dough to baguettes which is beautifully hypnotic. Again like many Dutch places when you get out of the centre, the service is friendly and relaxed and the clients mainly locals.

I was recommended the poached eggs on sour dough with cress, rocket, tomatoes and paprika which, alongside freshly squeezed orange juice and their incredible coffee blows the cobwebs off after a busy Amsterdam night.

If you get the chance, ask for a tour of the oven of which there are only 3 in the world. I heard the pizzas are great too so next time.

Don’t tell too many people about this place!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We called in with a friend to escape from winter rain, and were shocked with a strong rich smell of fresh bakery. So we tried a classic croissant with a cup of cappuccino and a croissant with cheese (5 euro in total!). It tasted so amazing that we came there several times more even though it was on the opposite side from our apartments.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

The best latte coffee I have found in Amsterdam and I have tried many places.

Very good pastries and bread.

For Lunch - they have excellent thin and crispy pizzas of all kinds.

I come to Amsterdam regularly and this is a go to place for me every time!