“Worth of visiting”

Ranked #62 of 4,612 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$ 34 - US$ 91
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Description: Amsterdam is ready to enjoy the Japanese quality food in a casual setting with a good glass of sake and shochu. We have a great selection of sashimi and sushi for you but there is so much more to the Japanese kitchen than sushi. Besides sushi we offer adventurous bites and great tasting fish and meat dishes that can all be shared. Sharing is great fun as you can enjoy more tastes. Please take a look at our Kappo style set menu's also, with Ken's signature first course of several mouth watering appetizers.
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Nice place, worth of visiting. We didn't reserve a table and we were lucky enough to get a table for two. Menu looks bit cheap but food and sake is excellent.

2  Thank 586jarim

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

this is a real gem and I am really grateful to all tripadvisor reviewers for suggesting this place.

I have never tasted that kind of creative Japanese cuisine and it seems that EN experience is really unique. I had the 3 courses October menu with grilled fish and an extra sushi plate. It was a tandric food experience!

My pleasure would not have been the same without the professionalism and the gentleness of the personell. Yama (the "yummi mountain") was curing and preparing all these japanese delicacies in front of me, very interested in meeting my taste preferences. Leika was smoothly serving the plates explaining every ingredient as well as happily giving Japanese-culture contexts. It's so pleasant that a place where I paid 60€ for one person were not snobbish or posh, at all!

Well done guys and thanx a lot!

3  Thank kalliopi k
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I was celebrating my sister’s birthday and we ordered the 5 course meal and everything was absolutely delicious. It’s the best Japanese food I’ve gotten outside Japan and the service was superb. And I thought I wasn’t into sake but I ordered the 3 drinks menu and I’m totally sold!
Note: I forgot to take a picture of the soup

3  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 10 July 2018

IS a charming little restaurant in the Pijp serving great fresh sushi and wonderful service. Really recommend it. Worth booking before specially on a Friday.

3  Thank ElviraHelena
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Chance upon this restaurant while wandering around the area. It was a pleasant surprise - the food was good, and the staff were friendly & professional.

I had the 7 course summer menu with sake pairing. The selected sake went well with the food. At €120, it’s not cheap, but I would probably have to pay at least twice the amount back home for the same quantity, quality and service.

3  Thank BenjaminChoo