“Follow the line and try something unique!”

Banketbakkerij Van Der Linde
Ranked #7 of 114 Dessert in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We were looking for the Beurspassage, a passage from Nieuwendijk to Damrak, and right on the corner was this little shop with a huge line stretching down the street. All around us were people eating these ice cream cones (?), so we got in line too. What you get here, in various size offerings, is a cone where one side of a scoop is vanilla ice cream and the other is whipped cream. I must admit that the taste was a little rich/sweet for my taste, but you won't find this anywhere else!

1  Thank Katzkid22

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Went there because of recommendation on trip advisor. The ice cream was delicious and so smooth. Different from what I used to eat. I ordered the size of €1.2 and it's quite big indeed (the biggest size cost €1.6).

1  Thank SandyL1036
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

A rude owner. We have been waiting for years to return here. I was so happy. I took a video of my wife buying a cone and he started aggressively lecturing me about how disrespectful I was, and “Would I be doing the same in Tel Aviv”. Newsflash, darling, in Tel Aviv we are usually much nicer to each other!

1  Thank Avi N
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I was walking through the streets of Amsterdam on a sunny and hot day and was looking for ice cream.
Saw a huge queue outside of this small shop and noticed a lot of the people waiting in line were locals. This is a good clue to spot good locations. If locals go a lot it normally means it's good as they know better than tourists where the best spots are.
So you only have one flavour option, and different sizes and either a cone, a cup or two waffles to hold the ice cream.
Got the biggest cone with one ball inside and one on top.
The taste is very creamy. The mix vanilla ice cream and whipped cream which gives a different taste and texture to the mix.
Was not disappointed.
The price is so cheap when compared to other places in town.
Well, you only have one flavour option, but it's worth it.
Will certainly go back there when visiting Amsterdam again.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

If you are in Amsterdam -YOU MUST go and have some of this ice cream. I would describe it heavenly: it is creamy, it is not sickly sweet.
My favourite way is to have the largest possible portion of ice cream and a good cup of coffee . ( Coffee has to be bought elsewhere ...they used to have also coffee which I just loved )
Thank you Van Der Linde!!I would travel to Amsterdam just for you!!