1,726 results
All reviews metro station hot tubs and sauna hipster hotel petite room rooftop restaurant cool hotel special room seventh floor coolest hotel fun hotel city centre big room corner room standard room double bed amazing hotel loved this hotel
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Loved, loved, loved this hotel! Great location & super easy access into Centraal and rest of the City. Metro stop is literally 1 minute walk from the hotel and there is a tram stop about 5 mins away.

Staff are super friendly and always on hand to answer any questions you might have. The buffet breakfast is excellent and having use of the hot tubs & sauna on the top floor was amazing. Visit up there first thing in the morning; it is so calm & relaxing!

Our room was on the 6th floor and a perfect size for us; we had a medium room. Bed was comfy, lovely views, air con was great and I liked the quirky shower.

Workplaats on the Ground Floor is a great place to grab a drink & snack and watch the comings & goings of the hotel; an awesome mix of people and the vibe is so chilled & relaxed.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - will definitely be returning and telling all my family & friends about it!!

Thanks for a great weekend

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCK1982
TijsVolkshotel, Public Relations Manager at Volkshotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Wow! Thanks for those lovely words! We're happy to read that you had fun! And that you guys had a nice dip in the hot tubs. Would be great Would be great to see you again someday!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Have stayed at Volks now twice for business trips and both times thought the place was great. Easy access to the rest of the city and where business meetings were taking place. Good vibe in the hotel and didn't find it noisy at all. Room sizes are generous and have all the amenities you require. Great co-working spaces downstairs. Staff really friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thanks, Brett! We'll make sure to pass the lovely words on to our team.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Thank you Volks as me and my husband really liked the hotel and I had requested the quiet room and to our delight we were placed at the end of the third floor and it wasn't as noisy as the previous comments I read on here. The room is very unique and special, with the shower exposed by the bed. Although it isn't based central Dam it was three stops on the metro. We highly recommend this hotel and when we come back will stay here again!
Lovely staff too :)

Room Tip: Room 325 is away from the noise
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
TijsVolkshotel, Public Relations Manager at Volkshotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thanks for the lovely words! :) We'll make sure to pass the lovely words on to our team.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel! Location was perfect lots of cool bars, restaurants and cafes close to hotel behind on the Amstel River. Boat tour on the hotel boat was beautiful lovely sunny day on the river. Chilled vibe downstairs in lobby bar and beautiful views from rooftop bar. I’d stay there again on any return visit to Amsterdam 5 star stay. Rooms were spot on too.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for your lovely words Jademann! Here's a tip for your next visit. If you book on the Volkshotel website you'll always have the best rate for your room. Great that you liked your stay!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I booked the Volkshotel because it was relatively cheap and because I used to work in the newspaper industry so it appealed to me, and I love concrete. I was going on business but taking my 75 year old mother as well. I worried it would be too hip and trendy for her (and me!) but it was great.

We arrived early but the reception were lovely and told us our rooms were free already so we could check in early (around 2pm) which was a good start. The rooms were kind of cool and funky without being too wild. They had everything we needed - comfortable bed, air con, nice walk in showers, good toiletries, good lighting. I liked it a lot. The only thing I didn't like was the wooden stool to sit at the window bench - it was really uncomfortable and as I was doing some work for a few hours in my room I got a sore butt. I could have worked in the lobby but I was practicing a speech so wanted privacy!

The lobby area is really nice and the cafe on the 7th floor is great too - serving food all day if you want some and has an amazing view of the whole city. When we were visiting the weather was amazing so it was cool to sit outside and look at the view and have a cold drink (the rhubarb soda was amazing).

The lobby bar/cafe has loads of places to sit and hang out and the music was great - loads of african soul and funk. My mom loved the lobby!

Staff were *always* super helpful and nice. We booked a boat trip too through the reception and it was great - the boat pilot was very very very nice to my mom who couldn't get in and out of the boat very easily. Loved it there, would definitely stay again - and we were on the 4th floor and I didn't hear *any* music at all from the club.

The hot tubs!!!!

I really liked the illustrations on the signs - great sense of humour - and on the toiletries too.

Oooh and if you are an architecture fan, the Cygnus Gymnasium opposite the hotel has amazing brutalist architecture. So lovely.

The hotel is one block away from relaxed cafes and bars on the Amstel river.

Room Tip: Lower floors are probably further from the noise from the Canvas club but the noise didn't bother me.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience! And of course great to read that you and your mother liked your stay! Oh and the Cygnus Gymnasium is designed by Ben Ingwersen. He was inspired by Le Corbusier. We'll make sure to pass the lovely words on to our team. It was great having you with us!