Nieuw Slotania Hotel
HOTEL2STAY(Amsterdam)
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 November 2017

very dirty hotel, beds full of insects (mites and fleas), no daily cleaning of the room. not to recommend it absolutely. Our bodies are full of insects bites. There is a Strange smell on tue entire hotel but insects are the worst thing

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Faabio3
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Stayed for two nights as a group of three, room was clean but a little bit on the small side, as we were not in the room that much it wasnt a major issue. The bathroom was quite modern and clean. From the outside it looks a bit old and dated but dont judge a book. Reception staff were lovely who held our bags for us before check in and after check out. Good transport links with trams and busses on the doorstep. Roughly half an hour into the city. Didnt eat at the hotel so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a group of 50 or so travellers on a Contiki trip. This hotel was selected as the Amsterdam accomodation. We each had quad share rooms. The rooms themselves were tiny. There was no room to move or put your belongings down. This hotel is very much more what I would describe as a hostel than a hotel. In any event, for a budget price I can accept a small room. Also, bathrooms were actually quite good.

The horrific part of the stay was that we had bed bugs. And not only did we have bed bugs, most other rooms also had bed bugs. Another 2 groups of 4 had bed bugs not only in their original and replacement rooms. Of these groups, one was offered 2 fresh rooms and found bed bugs in both. The second group was offered one room which also had bed bugs. They were then not offered another room as they were at capacity and had none available and so slept downstairs in the lobby. I didn't discover our room had bed bugs until the day after the first night. I had checked and found nothing but after checking again after sleeping in the bed, I discovered I had bites. We were then given another room which I again checked only to check again before getting into bed hours later to find bugs both inside and ON TOP of the sheets.

It is necessary to note that the bed bugs were some ginormous mutant m-f-ers and I've honestly never seen anything like it. I would absolutely not recommend staying at this hotel to anyone. It was a disgrace.

Revolting. Poor hygiene. Unacceptable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank vcrms
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Too excited to be in Amsterdam, we were very clear we wanted to stay close to the main square and the tourist places. Nieuw Stotania was once such hotel close to IBIS near the railway station. What amazed us is once you step out, you can see the canal and also an array of parked bicycles, never in my life have I seen so many bicycles parked there.

The hotel lobby is nice. The rooms are extremely small, just like any other budget hotel. The rooms were clean though and well maintained. The bath room extremly cramped though. It will be difficult for a heavy person to poop with the door closed.

The hotel was close the Amsterdam Square and places like Casa Rosa are at walkable distance from the hotel. It is quite safe as well. I actually did not like the public urinals which were quite open stinky. They were on the way to the Amsterdam square from the hotel so beware.

Ambience: 3/5
Service:3/5
PS: I had visited the place in November 2015, but did not have an option therefore have mentioned December 2016

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Read reviews so you know what to expect
Not a 3 star hotel standard (uk standard) worse hotel I have ever stayed in ! Yes it’s cheap but if I had know standard I would not of booked see pictures of our room and this was after we had been moved as stains on bed and horrid smells in first room they gave us ! Rooms tooo hot , very noisy ! You get what you pay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends