Quentin Arrive Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
A-Train Hotel(Amsterdam)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared facilitiesrooms are basicstationcoffeeshopscafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here with a couple of friends 18th November 2013 for 3 nights. Would say it is tricky to find as there's no real sign outside! Once inside the famous Australian receptionist was helpful in welcoming us. We were situated in the basement room which was clean although small, with nowhere to put your things away in. Shower was a little chilly and there was only a tiny window which didn't shift properly so the room was cold! Didn't spend much time there as location is fantastic, decent enough place for a few nights.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Rachelguesty
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've stayed at probably 12 different traditional hotels inside the canal belt in 15 years of trips to Amsterdam, and this one is a great combination of value and location. Small rooms, Dutch staircases and the bathroom/shower down the hall are par for these types of places, with elevators very unusual.

Being only about 10 minutes' walk from Centraal Station is a huge advantage. There's even an Albert Heijn market about halfway! The neighborhood is also very colorful and distinctly Amsterdam, including both the ethnic restaurants and specialty shops, and more tourist-oriented places like the coffee shops (two nearby ones, Barney's and a branch of Greenhouse, are regular cannabis cup finalists). Eclectic, you might say.

So it's a bit of a "party" section and can't be recommended for families with kids, but it's not nearly as intense or hectic as the red light district or even, at times, Leidseplein, and does simmer down at night eventually. Motorbikes are the worst noise offenders, even though most people walk or ride bikes. If you have to get to sleep by 8 or 9 to get up very early this might be a problem, but there was significantly less of it by 10:30 or so.

The room didn't include breakfast, so in that sense it breaks with tradition. Yet that allowed me to discover the Greenwoods on Singel, to which I gave a rave review.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ploughman8
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hotel was excellent, perfect location up by central station and right next to popeyes coffee shop, couldn't be better. Staff were superb, really friendly and helpful. Room was good and the shower was top draw, brand new clean and powerful. This was my 4th time in Amsterdam and 1st time in this hotel but when I return to Amsterdam next year I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Quentin Arrive Hotel for 4 nights in early June 2013. When we arrived at the hotel I believe it was an Australian manager who simply looked at us & said, "Yes" like we were an inconvenience to her. Was a bit surprised & having stayed a various hotels in Europe over a two month period haven't received a cold reception like that. Not a huge deal I suppose but first impressions. The hotel room was small, standard, and authentic which was ok. The hotel is situated in a great central location. The main issue was our room was beside a dorm where there were 7 or 8 guys staying & the noise was ridiculous. Something I think management should have monitored. I know Amsterdam is a party city but surely when you return to the hotel you can expect some peace and quiet. Leave the party in the clubs.

Room Tip: Ensure you request a room where there are no groups next door.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tim h
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a room for three for a few days. The room was alright, the shower and bathroom were shared and sometimes we had to wait, but that's fine.

We had a room on the second highest floor, so the view from the balcony was great, especially in the month we went. However, the stairs were very narrow and it was tough bringing our luggage up. I'd suggest getting a floor on the lower levels.

Had a rather bad experience with the receptionist, she was really rude. Can't recall her name. We came in early, and had to bring our luggage down a flight of stairs and then carry it up again when it came time to check in - it was just 30 mins from check-in time (I understand the entire cleaning process, but my friend was feeling ill and really needed to lie down, but the receptionist was not understanding at all).

We did try to ask her several questions on service and so on, but she was not forthcoming and brushed us off like we were a hassle. Even after we checked in, she questioned us on which room we were staying in and whether we were actually staying there on the second day itself. She ruined our whole experience there, and it was our first time in Europe. The other receptionists were nice enough, though.

I have to admit, however, that the location was spot on, very central. Lots of eateries around the area, and very close to the train station.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Calyn Y
Mihaela B, Front Office Manager at Quentin Arrive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for giving us this review about your impressions. We apologies with the inadequate behavior of our colleague. This incident will be further discussed into a new customer service training with our colleagues.