“Huge portions !”

Bickers aan de Werf
Reserve with
Bickers aan de Werf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 4,628 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We chose this restaurant from trip advisor for our first night in Amsterdam as it was very close to the apartment we were staying in (Yays - also reviewed) It's described as ''A cozy and convivial restaurant with a good value for money menu where good and friendly service together with warm ambiance are the main priorities.'' which is a perfect description.

The owners came to chat and served us a deliciously large gin and tonic with some scrummy bread, salt and olive oil. It's a lovely atmosphere, really friendly and definitely has a cosy feel.

We are a family of 4 with 2 boys aged 15 and 12 who love their food. We chose the chicken satay (gorgeous sauce) lamb shank and spare ribs - all delicious, the portion sizes were huge ! Great value for money . Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank CharenteMaritime

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a place with dutch cousin to meet friends. We found this place very cozy. Very nice owners who look after their guests and make them feel like home. Unique taste of food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We love this gem of a restaurant on Prinsenisland near Haarlemerplein stop on Tram 3. Also very close to CS. We visit with group of 7-8 about 2x a year. Never been disappointed. Owners so friendly, it’s like we are there for a private meal. Salads, fresh tuna or beef are among the best I have had in Amsterdam.
I must think of a way to get back there soon. Even without my group.
Many thanks to owners and chefs for insisting on quality!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I found this restaurant on the docks by tripadvisor and it was a good surprise. Must be excellent in summer when you can eat on the terrasse. Inside, the decoration is a little bit old fashioned but the owner, a tall and very friendly lady, is super nice, ready to joke. We had a 27€ menu which was excellent : tuna burger, fresh cod with ginger and carrot purée, mandarine and chocolate cake. Super service. A very good surprise

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I can't say a bad word about this Restaurant. I email them on a Friday (2nd March) for last min large group booking for the following Tuesday (6th). They got back to me really quickly and said that they don't usually open on a Tuesday but would do for a my group booking.
We were a group of about 38!!
Its a lovely small family run business they spread my team out over 5 tables which was really nice as it meant that in-between each course people got up and move around chatting to lots of different people.
The food was superb. We have a choice of 3 dishes for starters / main / dessert, there was no pre-ordering.
All the staff made us feel so welcome, I can't wait to visit Amsterdam again to I can come back for of there excellent food.