Camping Zeeburg
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht(Amsterdam)
US$ 447
US$ 352
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 408/night.

US$ 310
US$ 190
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 253/night.

US$ 271
US$ 257
  • Restaurant
Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
US$ 109
US$ 362
US$ 257
US$ 122
US$ 114
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 143/night.

US$ 406
US$ 101
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 129/night.

Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
ibis
  • Restaurant
All reviewseco cabingreat campsiteshower blocktram stopcity centregreat facilitieshired bikeshot waternight busminute walkcentral stationbunk bedspublic transportcouple of nightsvisit amsterdamdam squarecampervan
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed in a wagonette for 3 nights and had a great time at Camping Zeeburg. The facilities are more than adequate, though the showers do get colder by the end of the day so get up early if you want a hot one!!
On arival, the staff were friendly and helpful. They will ask you to leave some form of ID at the desk but having read this before going I took my driving licence with me so that I didn't have to leave my passport. The staff will issue you with a ticket that you need to keep safe so that you can access the campsite after 11pm as the main gate is closed.
Directions on the website are sufficient to get to the site, from the airport simply take the train to Centraal station (approx 5 euros) and from there take Tram 26 to Zuiderzeeburg (about 4 stops). We also bought the 3 day travel card for 16 euros each which gets you onto all trams, metro and even the nightbuses so def good value for money! The walk is about 15mins from campsite to tram stop and can be a bit daunting in the dark so take a torch or make sure you walk back with friends.
The wagonette itself was small but clean and definately sufficient as a base for exploring Amsterdam. It contained 2 bunk beds, shelves for cloting etc a corner table and 2 folding chairs (perfect for sitting on the small veranda out front!). CAUTION!! The only problem for us was the length of the bed as my partner is 6'6" and could not fit into the bottom bunk bed - we solved the problem by putting one of the matresses on the floor which was still really comfortable!! Duvet, pillow and bedding is provided and was very comfortable - I had 3 really good nights sleep!
The campsite is surprisingly quiet in the evenings in terms of noise levels but has a friendly buzz around the reception and bar areas until midnight. We ordered food from the bar on one night and the portions sizes were good. We did not have the 10 euro breakfast as felt this was a bit steep for what you got - a much better alternative was to grab freshly baked croissants and bread rolls (prices between 0.60 cents and 1 euro each) from the shop each morning as well as jam and butter portions and cartons of juice, then sit on your veranda and enjoy!!
If you are staying for a few days or more, there is also a Lidl supermarket apporximately 20 minute walk away - ask at reception for directions - where you can get supplies.
The only thing I would say the wagonette was lacking was a couple of glass/cups for drinks.
Bathroom facilites were always clean whatever time fo day we visited and although my evening shower was cold :( other friends who were staying in wagonettes next door didn't find this at all!
6 of us hired bikes on our last day and I would definately recommend this (though take a good city map with you as the campsite one wasn't detailed enough!!). The price was 11.50 euros for 24 hour hire but because we were only out from 10 - 6 the man charged us a half day for 6 euros!!
Having read mixed reviews about Camping Zeeburg I was unsure what to expect when we arrived - we were very pleasantly surprised and I would recommend this site as a good (and much cheaper) alternative to staying in the centre of Amsterdam - thank you for a lovely time Camping Zeeburg!!! :)

Room Tip: Wagonettes offer great value for money for only a few euros more than the cabins. Cabins might be better suited to groups of friends whereas wagonettes better suited to couples so long as you don't mind bunk beds!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mi S
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in one of the campsites permanent wagonettes. Fairly basic but comfortable enough. Campsite had shop selling food, fresh bread and other camping equipment as well as shower blocks and bar restaurant. Located across a river, we had to walk around 10 minutes to tram stop then about 10 minutes into the city centre. We didn't find this too time consuming and there were tram cards available to buy at reception along with a leaflet on which trams to catch which we found very helpful. The showers required coins to slot into the wall in order to turn them on and cost around 1 euro from reception. Probably best to buy a few at once for the duration of your stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Camped here after a festival in Belgium, and in comparison, it was luxury camping! We were offered to camp in Zeeburg Too (2) just ten minutes from the original one which is for tents only. Extremely clean grounds, toilets, and cooking areas which were maintained very well. Showers were a bit annoying as you had to push them on every ten seconds.

Staff were all lovely. The shop was well stocked. The location is good with tram stops right outside, and the area is beautiful beside the waterside and parklands.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Camp Zeeburg is a good campsite for young people and families alike. It was recommended to me by a friend and I'm very glad she did. Finding decent hostels in Amsterdam isn't too difficult but be prepared to disappointed as many of the cheapest places are booked up long in advance and the ones that are not tend to be absolute dumps! We booked the Wagonette because lets face it they are adorable. I'm sure if its because they are colourful or they remind me of traditional gypsy caravans but I really wanted to stay in one and I wasn't disappointed.
The wagonette for 2 people is small so if you hire one don't expect a lot of space. It is a caravan after all. However it does provide you with some storage space to put your clothes and things on and a table and 2 chairs. The beds are big enough to be comfortable but I must warn people with children that the top bunks do not have railings so any restless sleepers should stick to the bottom bunk. I slept on the top bunk however and I didn't fall out so it shouldn't be a problem for most. The beds have good bedding and I slept very well. There are also lamps for both bunks so you can read if you want. They are not overly bright too so others in the wagonette can sleep in peace. There is a little peace of decking outside which It is sheltered as well so you can sit out rain or shine. This is very handy if you are a smoker as smoking is not allowed in the wagonettes.
Toilets and showers are located in a few areas around the site and they are not more than a couple minutes away. They get cleaned in the morning so at night the bathrooms can be a bit grimy. They aren't too bad but after a whole day of use the bins are full and sinks have a large amount of midges in them because people have left the bathroom doors open. Personally I found the toilets near the bar a lot more cleaner than the ones beside the lake but that is because there are less midges in that area. The showers are fine. Bring flip flops though because I found that from my experience there may be sand in the shower units from other people using them. Its around 80cents for a token for the shower which is fine considering you get around 10 minutes of water which is more than enough. Many people seem to be complaining about the water temperature which I didn't have a problem with. There are a lot of people who use the showers in the camp site so it is only natural that the water becomes lukewarm later in the day. If you are a big moaner then get your whiny butt out of bed early in the morning like everyone else. The water pressure is good too by the way in both sets of showers.
The staff in the campsite were lovely and helpful. We arrived late at night and we were immediately greeted by staff at the gates who provided us with our key and information letter. If you are going to be a late arrival make sure you contact the camp to tell them this. That way they will hold your key for you like they did for us. Upon check in the staff will ask for your passport with can be a nuisance since you need a passport to get into coffee shops and other places in Amsterdam. To sort this problem ask can the staff make a photocopy of the passport instead and they will then ask for a 20euro deposit which you will get again when you check out. We done this and I thought it was reasonable.
The campsite itself is clean and easy to get around. There is no way you can get lost. Its really nice to sit down by the riverside at night when its a good night. We done this on our first night and I really enjoyed it. It can be a little chilly because of the breeze coming of the river so bring a blanket. The campsite is also quiet at night so its good if you have a young family.
Getting to the campsite can be a little difficult at night if you are going on the instructions they provide on the website. Getting the tram is easy and as you just get number 26 from central station. However when you get off the instructions tell you to not cross the canal and look for stairs on the right hand side they mean that you cross the first bridge and then you will come across the stairs. This confused us a bit and the bridge is also very dark at night so be sharp or even bring a torch.Getting back into the city centre is also very easy as you can get tram 7 or 14 every 5 to 10 minutes. People should also buy the travel cards in the reception area of the campsite as its much cheaper to but a card that covers 3 or 4 days (depending on how long your staying) than buying a day pass every day.
I had a great time in Amsterdam and I thought Camp Zeeburg was more than adequate. I would happily use it again.

Room Tip: Its a little cheaper to rent a cabin than a Wagonette but not by much. We had friends renting a cabin and they regretting not getting a wagonette too just because our accommodation was prettier to look at. If you are on a very tight budget get the cabin but if you can spare a few more euros per night then get the Wagonette.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lady_Disdain20
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Hmm, where to start? The approach to the campsite does make you wonder what the heck you have let yourself in for. However, it's not as bad as you think!! Checking in at Reception was really quick and we were let on to our pitch two hours early which was great. We took our campervan so had one of the hardstanding pitches with electric. Plenty of space for us. Wandering around the site, the tents were really packed in tight, and it wasn't even peak season.

The shower blocks aren't the best. If the bare minimum you want is a hot shower and flushing toilet then you will be happy. There is no hot water in the basins, soap or hand driers. The only facilities are hot showers (80c shower token needed), flushing toilets and hand basins with cold water. Seriously, that's all you get!

The tram station is about 5 minutes walk away, and it is only a 20 minute tram ride to Dam Square. Trams run there every 15 minutes or so.

The one thing that surprised us was how quiet the site is. Although it felt packed, people were really quiet after dark - although with the amount of cannabis smoke in the air, most people were too stoned to be noisy!

We enjoyed our time at Camping Zeeburg and will definitely return - with a mini bottle of handwash!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple