1,019 results
All reviews themed hotel central station railway memorabilia great location boiled eggs the breakfast area vending machine continental breakfast rooms are small unique hotel no air conditioning nice breakfast dam square cold meats red light district couple of nights short break
Reviewed 15 October 2018

The rooms are small, but we weren't there to spend much time inside. The hotel is very quaint and charming with its train / railroad theme. Front desk staff was always very friendly and helpful. You can't be the location. Everything from shopping to eating to Dam Square to the Red Light District is within a 10 minute walk. The central train station is directly across the street if you opt for that transportation. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ash A
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Very surprised at the great location of this hotel in central Amsterdam. Within walking distance of the Central Station and the heart of the city. Is in the midst of good restaurants, sight-seeing excursion hubs and more. All within a short stroll.
The hotel was going through renovation during the time we were there-all for the better.
The rooms are very "compact". Just enough room to walk on one side of the bed... However the rooms are very very clean. Just very basic.
The continental breakfast is just okay. You can have free coffee or hot cocoa at anytime.
The staff is very friendly and so helpful. They made the hotel special.
As everyone else said. This is the place for a train aficionado. Every book, cranny and even the floor is train... very neat.
Would come back

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oscargoKalamazoo
Reviewed 6 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here this week. The hotel is really conveniently located - straight across from Amsterdam Centraal railway station which is also a hub for the ferries, trams and buses. It's also handy for many of the siteseeing places you would like to visit in the city. We took the train from the airport (which cost about 5 euros) and we were comfortably installed in the hotel in under an hour after leaving the airport.

All the staff were charming and helpful and spoke good English. Some great advice given on good places to eat in the neighbourhood.

Our room was clean and the bed comfortable, but pretty cramped. It was at the back of the hotel and so avoided any noise from the street. We will definitely stay again, but next time we will pay a bit more and get a better room. There were plenty of TV channels that we could watch, many of them in English. The free WiFi was good and fast.

Breakfast was OK. You could help yourself to as much as you liked, but there wasn't much variety and it was the same things each day. There was free tea/coffee/chocolate available 24/7 - a definite plus.

Now to the best bit. The decor in the dining room and other public areas was railway themed. Filled to the rafters (literally) with railway memorabilia. It was absolutely WONDERFUL and right up my street!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DevaBob
Reviewed 6 October 2018

We found this hotel perfect for our trip to Amsterdam. It was just across the street from Central Station about a 5 min walk, about 3 min walk to canal cruise boats and about a 10-15 min walk to Dam Square. The rooms were small, but clean and convenient. The breakfast included a variety of breads, cheeses, meats, fruits, cereals and coffee and tea was available 24 hours a day. The reception desk was always friendly and helpful whenever we had questions.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bzapata8503
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I came for a brief 2 night visit to Amsterdam (as I always do) on the way home from Greece. I choose A-Train this time as it was so close to Centraal Station as my flight was coming in later in the evening. My luggage was lost at my connection point in Munich and it was 11:30 pm by the time I got to the Hotel. I only had the next full day before flying home the day after. The day and evening reception gentleman was so helpful and compassionate in helping me with keeping in touch with the lost and found people for the airline that lost (and found) my luggage in Munich. I really appreciated the phone calls and messages and eventually my luggage was received at the Hotel late in the evening the night before I left. They helped me remain grounded so I could enjoy some of my 1 day to run around Amsterdam and ease the stress.
The room was surprisingly modern and clean but small, as they are in Amsterdam. My room was in the back of the Hotel and despite being 2 doors down from a Casino, was very quiet. Breakfast was typical for Amsterdam. My only issue was the snarky House Cleaner. I would definitely book here again in future visits to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo