1,000 results
All reviewsthemed hotelcentral stationrailway memorabiliagreat locationboiled eggsthe breakfast areavending machinecontinental breakfastrooms are smallunique hotelno air conditioningnice breakfastdam squarecold meatscouple of nightsred light districtshort break
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The hotel is very close to Central Station. If you are interested in trains, it has model trains and train-related photographs and mementos everywhere. The staff was polite and helpful A simple and adequate breakfast came with the room, as did wifi access. If you do not mind small rooms this is a fine place to lodge at. We arrived early, many hours before check-in, and they accommodated us in holding our luggage while we went out sightseeing, and offered us the breakfast as well. We also needed them to hold our luggage for many hours on the day we checked out and that was also no problem.

If all you are going to do is use a room for sleep and catch up on wifi, the bed was comfortable and this was a nice place to be.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms face away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcS1000
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Ideal location, close to the train station, but rooms are just OK, clean and very tiny. Bed was comfortable; Breakfast selection was a good variety, ample and satisfying. Room had no a/c, but a fan was provided. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gatman16
Reviewed 6 September 2017

As I have mentioned in previous reviews, this is the only hotel I care to stay at when I return to Amsterdam. The staff is very friendly and helpful when there is a problem. The room are clean, cozy and relaxing and there`s a nice breakfast offering. The main rail station, Centraal Station and a major tram stop is less than a 5 minute walk across the street. There`s plenty of shopping and wonders to behold, all just a couple minutes walk from the hotel. What more could you ask for? I have plans in the works to return in April and will be staying at the A-Train again. I am very satisfied during my stays there and would recomend it to travelers and to my friends......

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms available
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank johnfrommilton
Jos H, Eigenaar at A-Train Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you, you make me blush!

Very pleased to hear that you appreciate the amazing A-Train hotel, we aim to please.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Very unique hotel with train motif in lobby. All staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location within 2 to 3 blocks of Central Station and downtown Amsterdam. No air conditioning but acceptable. Within one to two miles of museums and most sights in the city.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Syd B
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Whilst my room was small, and that an upgrade to a double, when it was just me, it was adequate. Though would have been a squeeze for two of us. Otherwise the hotel had everything I wanted. It is a short walk to the station, close to the main areas in town, in fact not many hotels will be better and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: It depends what you want - front has a little more noise, but minimal, and great view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo