We (3 adults) stayed at Bicycle Hotel for 3 nights at the lowest price point for our group - a triple room.
Overall, the hotel served its purpose. We were on a budget, and this was what was available during a busy week in the area. A few comments:
1) Prepare to pay upon arrival - they accept cash or credit card, however there is a 4% fee associated with the latter. Side note, despite receiving a receipt, we were asked to pay again the next day.
2) Yes, Dutch stairs are all over the place in Amsterdam, but these take things to a new level. If you have leg problems, large luggage, or are even mildly out of shape, perhaps look elsewhere.
3) Shared bathroom and shower are quite old and cramped.
4) Breakfast is an average spread - the only hot food is from the toaster and a pot of boiling water for eggs.
5) Location is good - close enough to multiple train stops, a few restaurants and bars, and far enough away from main tourist attractions.
6) Staff is friendly, but be aware that no staff is on the premises from the hours of 11 pm and 7 am.
When we return to Amsterdam, we plan on increasing our spending for added comfort. This hotel would be great for students or travelers on a tight budget.
Cash/card fee at arrival
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HostelWorld so you can book your Bicycle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bicycle Hotel Amsterdam