All reviews steep stairs liquid soap balcony overlooking dutch breakfast rooms are small but clean budget hotel a nice place to stay coffee machine per day third floor tram stop central station breakfast included heineken experience short stay small hotel few minutes walk
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Staying at the Bicycle hotel was pleasant, had a lovely comfortable bed, friendly staff and I would stay here again, 20 min walking distance to the centre, I have 10 characters more to write. enjoy Amsterdam

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank MarkW8329
Reviewed 22 October 2013

When we arrived at this hostel...I mean hotel... we were greeted by a really lovely gentleman who was helpful and made us feel very welcome. The website said we could check in at 2 but we were actually told we could only check in from 4 which although inconvenient wasn't a disaster as the area surrounding the hotel is actually lovely, its right near the street market and the little roads leading up to that are full of cool little cafes and restaurants.

When we were finally checked in and taken to the rooms I was hugely disappointed. Despite asking for two double rooms, we were given two rooms with two single beds pushed together. The pillows were so hard which made the beds really uncomfortable. There was no soap in the bathroom and although there was the offer of clean towels if you left your towels outside of the room, when we did the towels were taken away and not replaced. When we went down to ask for fresh towels, we were told that they had only just finished being washed (at 6:30pm) and were still damp so my boyfriend was forced to dry himself with a damp towel. I noticed another guest asking if there was any soap or shampoo available, to which he was curtly told-no. I wouldn't have expected much if I knew I was staying in a hostel however for the price we paid (over 100 euros a night), I would have expected much better.

The breakfast was adequate, selection of cereals and bread provided (to toast at your table), salami and cheeses were also provided. coffee machine was probably the best bit.

Overall it was a nice place to stay, just hugely overpriced for what you got, had it been cheaper-i.e hostel prices I wouldnt have scored it so low, but in terms of value for money it was terrible and I wouldnt reccommend staying here as there are plenty of other hotels in this price range that are nicer. It seems to come up as a good hotel when you search in Amsterdam but i'd say keep looking!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sharks1986
Reviewed 27 September 2013

A step above a hostel. Clean, cheap and located wihin a fifteen minute walk from the centre. Staff very helpful. parking a pain though. narrow spiral staircases. Tricky with big luggage. Parking a little expensive, but the hotel can save you a couple of Euro in their lot.

Room Tip: Choose ensuite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mat C
Reviewed 26 September 2013

we stayed 6nights, the guys are very helpful and nice, everyday we can see a pretty girl or pretty boy, haha.
we like the breakfast, even now I still miss them.
stairs are very steep, and the room we stay do not have place to hang wet clothes

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Highlights: location, convenient to trams, quiet at night. Can't say I found the staff friendly; rather, they seemed to tolerate us. Also, didn't think breakfast was a highlight; it was sufficient but nothing to rave about. WiFi was spotty which considering the importance for a traveler planning their activities was a disappointment. All in all.....meh.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends