“i wouldnt want my pet dog to stay there, let alone a human”
Review of Belfort Hotel

Belfort Hotel
Ranked #359 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 March 2017

we had a run down room that was dirty and needed a renovation, it was on ground floor and at a wkend it was loud. the owners never spoke to us at all, and were quite loud with their family and kids using reception as a lounge. our toilet in room was broke and had to pull a bit of string to flush and it was constant water flowing through it and was loud when trying to sleep. and the breakfast was ok, as I like lidl food, but its all cheap food to get you going for the day it was about 20 mins on tram to hotel and stops outside hotel. so you pay cheap you get cheap. will never have a cheap break here again and how is this a 3*** hotel??? ive had better hostels.

Room Tip: just dont book here and you will be fine
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 March 2017

When I first read the others reviews I thought people can be a little bit exaggerated, as other times I had read bad reviews and then the place is ok. NOT THIS TIME.
I will say everything as it was, bad and good thing:
We were 'lucky' and got one of the new rooms. They are currently refurbishing the hotel so everything is messy and dusty.(and builders are in there from 9am on) Our room was tiny,the furniture and the bathroom were new but the carpet was the most disgusting thing you can imagine. I swear there were not a single area without any stain. Was disgusting, I felt like crying when I saw that. And when I move one of the stools to leave my belongings I found papers and rubbish from previous occupants. Which means they don't clean properly. There wasn't a radiator either, just a pipe which leaded to the floor above and was hot, that was all, so it wan't really warm in there.
You have to use the emergency staircase and go through the emergency doors that are hold opened whit a piece of timber... the floor is cover in small pieces of all carpet as you can see in others clients pictures...
The good things... I might say... that breakfast was ok, they change towels everyday and the tram is 2 min walk.
Seriously, is really unfair that in this times we pay for this horrible places. This place doesn't conform to any minimum standards: cleansing, security, comfort,.... Please, don't ignore the reviews, I never write them and this time I thought I should warn others.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SGmz P
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Couldn't wait to leave this hotel so I could put a bad review up immediately, it was that bad.

Upon arrival we were told to go up an entrance which was like an entrance to an unfinished block of flats.
Once in the corridor there were wood chips across the floor.
The worst of it all was in our hotel, the bathroom smelt really bad. The floors had suspicious stains on and on the first night had a really loud room above us which didn't stop until all hours of the night. the location is loud and there are a lot of ambulances/trams/planes flying over.
Would be able to get a better deal for your money elsewhere, on our first visit last year we stayed at Hotel Wilhemina which was so beautiful and definitely recommend it.

I wish we had listened to the reviews before we booked but because we are not fussy we thought it'd be fine. Definitely do not recommend

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natalie o
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Belfort from January 28th until the 31st as we received it as a Christmas present from family. We were sceptical at first after reading the reviews online and it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing hotel to look at but the actual rooms are ideal for what we needed and we had next to no problems. The rooms are small but good for what you need if you're only using them to sleep, although the TV does have English channels & our rooms radiator seemed to always be on so it was constantly hot. We were located on the bottom floor just along from the main desk and it was quite noisy, a lot of police/ambulance sirens at all times but if you're a heavy enough sleeper then you don't even notice. The plug sockets are in a bit of an awkward place, we had to pull the bed out to reach ours and it was a bit of a faff on sleeping with the fan on (which came with the room) when the wire for it was lying across my pillow. This hotel comes with wifi and unlike other hotels I've stayed in, it's actually quite decent. The bathroom was cleaned well daily although we did struggle at first to find a good temperature for the shower without freezing or burning ourselves, also the shower is like a free floored shower so it basically drenched your entire bathroom floor whenever you took a shower. We didn't really speak to the staff at all although the woman on the front desk let us check in half an hour early as we had been waiting over an hour. We didn't try their breakfast provided as Lidl is just around the corner and we stocked up on food the day we got there but there was quite a few people at breakfast whenever we left for the day. The tram line to Centraal is less than a 30 second walk away and super easy to navigate! There's a nice hotel up the street about a 5 minute walk with a great "sky bar" type too if you're after evening cocktails with a view and a quick walk home! Over all the Belfort was a good experience, we were pleasantly surprised after having such low expectations and I'd recommend the hotel to anyone staying a few days and just needs the room for sleeping in!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amyhearn97
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I was reading a lot of bad reviews here and few good once so decided to check this place by myself, this all happened after i already booked it not knowing what cardinal mistake i did, but it ended up as a pretty good weekend break.

Room was not very clean when we got in but it got better next morning. I was prepared for that and brought small blanket with me to use as sheet for first night :) Bathroom was also clean and had all necessities including towels and blow dryer.

Best thing about this hotel is location, it is on a corner of main street going toward canals and there's tram station 100 met. from hotel entrance, and you can get few different passes for trams on reception which is quite handy. There is also local coffee bar closeby and few shops in case you need any snacks, drinks etc.

Breakfast was included in price and was not bad at all, it was standard continental breakfast with few types of bread, ham, cheese, jam, butter, coffee, tea, juices etc.

Bottom line, this hotel is decent if you're on budget and just visiting Amsterdam for the weekend as a group of friends or couple.
, for