“Worst cleaning and bad desk service”
Review of Hotel Casa

Hotel Casa
Ranked #70 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I had only spent one of the three nights of my reservation and already had problems with house keeping and laundry service. The guy at the desk forgot to send my clothes to the laundry service which were suppose to be ready tonight.. then I got to my room and the bathroom was a joke. With toilet paper pieces on the floor, hairs on the lavatory.. and my bed was another chapter. They just pulled the covers up and threw my pj's over it. Really???
Even when they sent somebody to redo my room and the manager gave me some compensations, this shouldn't be the way to find your room. Hope the service gets better on the next days.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sconita
BernadineEgbring, Manager at Hotel Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi Sconita,
Once again, reading your review here makes me sad. As we responded to you earlier in several other ways. I am sorry for the inconvenience which it caused you in the laundry and cleanliness. We tried to do our best to set it right, I understand we did not succeed and it should have been right at once.
I apologize for that and hope you allow us a next time to show we can do right.

Kind regards,
Bernadine
Training and service development

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Casa

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Great location. Is 25 mins by metro/train to airport and either a 40min walk to Amsterdam central or 15 mins by metro. Very clean and modern rooms and staff are very helpful. The bars are lovely for a drink too. Only reason I've not given 5 stars is because we had a bad sleep one night because of the noisy people below us but the staff were helpful

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Excellent hotel and I can definitely recommend. I visited Amsterdam for four days (3 nights) with my daughter. I found the staff friendly and was impressed with the bedroom.
Location is good, 5 minutes from Amstel Station. I unfortunately, had a leg injury so might have taken me longer! The restaurants looked very nice but probably too pricey for us. Good location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Everything excellent about this hotel!!

First and foremost, they provided me an early checkin at 8 in the morning.

Very nice reception area. Big and clean rooms.

Close to tram, train and metro station (Amstel station)

Didnt see any supermarket closeby.

We didn't had meals included but their restaurants very mostly busy implying that the food and service was also good in there.

Only suggestion is to provide multiple key cards.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Located around 4-5 kms from the Centre, this Hotel is in a perfect location as it is not far from the Metro station (Amsterdam Centraal is just 3-4 Metro stations away), around 400 metres, and at the same time it avoids the crowd and commotion of the centre.

I had a room in the 11th floor which faced the small canal in front, and I had a majestic view of the beautiful city through the wide glass, covering the entire length of the wall, of the room. I had a very comfortable stay during my 4 days at the hotel, and the complementary breakfast was very good. There is a restaurant and a bar on 8th floor terrace and on the ground and 1st floor. Service and food was really good.

The place is a little open, so we get the breeze all the time. There is Albert Heijn (Dutch SuperMarket chain) at a distance of 700-800 metres. The neighbourhood itself is worth a walk. There are a few quirky little hostels down the road. Some old houses, decorated with flowers and big gardens along the same road. The small canal in front of the hotel is surrounded by Joggers path. So, one can walk and jog around like many of the locals in the area do.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 11th floor, facing the canal to have a great view of the beautiful city!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business