1,220 results
All reviews wine hour house bar ihg member complimentary wine free tea central station every evening crowne plaza fantastic hotel short walk nespresso machine boutique hotel lobby area perfect location dam square definitely stay here again perfect stay
Reviewed 6 August 2018

One of my favorite hotel chains. Very consistent service. They checked my mom into the wrong room type reserved. Once I made them aware of the issue that night, they went to work and got it rectified the next day. Very apologetic and handled the move not to interrupt our vacation. We were very pleased with our stay and look forward to returning.

Date of stay: July 2018
Mike R, General Manager at Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Mike Robinson, General Manager: Lisa r, thank you so much for your kind words and loyalty to Kimpton Hotels. We are super pleased to read that you had a great stay with us, and hope to see you again soon :-)

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Accommodating hotel. Location is great. Breakfast has many options. Loved the happy hour and the water and tea in the lobby. Very refreshing after a long day of sightseeing. Rooms were clean and basic. Beds were very comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2018

Mike Robinson, General Manager: Vicki W, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and sincerely appreciate your business. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The Kimpton De Witt is very very nice. The staff truly make it spectacular. They are very helpful, courteous, and welcoming. The rooms are not very nice and are quite small.

We saw 3 different classes of rooms, as others in our group stayed there as well. I would expect much more for the price - even in Euroland.

Date of stay: July 2018
Mike R, General Manager at Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Mike Robinson, General Manager: brabson97, thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience. While I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and our guest service, I was disappointed to hear that you were underwhelmed by our rooms. Our rooms are newly redesigned and comparable in size to European standard, so I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. If business or pleasure ever brings you back to Amsterdam, please reach out to me directly and I will do my utmost to ensure you are reserved in one of our more spacious room types. Thank you for your business, we hope you come back and give us another shot :-)

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Advantages: Good location, many restaurants and shops nearby. Hotel is new and modern, twin bedroom is big enough.

Disadvantages: Honestly, I was upset by the check-in process and room arrangement.

Firstly, check-in was slow and I could feel the hotel staff not treating Asian/ Chinese as well as those foreign customers. I know this is very subjective but sorry, that’s what I felt at that moment.

On the other hand, I booked 2 twin bedrooms and full paid already. Since one of the rooms was for 3 persons so I sent email to inform the hotel on the extra bed specifically. I expect I could get 2 rooms ready when check-in so we can take a bath and changing immediately. Unfortunately, I got informed only 1 room was ready when check in. Fine, I think we would get the other room shortly but eventually, we have to wait more than 1.5 hours. We all 5 people had to take shower/ use toilet in one room at the same time. can you feel how worse that was? I was surprised why my rooms were full paid and I did inform the hotel with sufficient time but still not well prepare for a customer flying from another half of the world, more than 20 hours travel time.

Well…even though the hotel’s location is good but sorry, no next time for me

Room tip: Don't choose room location at 1/F and facing the shopping street
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie C

Mike Robinson, General Manager: Jackie C, thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the property and it's location. On the other hand, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced upon arrival. We take great pride in being diverse & inclusive, so I was saddened to read that you felt otherwise. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience with both of your rooms not being ready to check-into at the time of arrival, I absolutely understand the inconvenience this may have caused. I can assure you that I have already coached my team on your notes, to ensure we continue providing only the best loved service in town. Thank you for choosing Kimpton, we hope you reconsider giving us another shot.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My father and Wife stayed here throughout their stay. My husband and I decided on our last night with them we would stay here. It is a very charming hotel. The customer service, the staff at the front desk,cleaning staff were all so amazing, friendly. They really pamper you here. Upon entering after being out of the hotel,one walked in to a glass of cold water--was very hot outside. They set up excursions for you. One must pay for the breakfast package if you want breakfast. Home away from home! Very helpful!! HIGHLY recommended. Thank you Kimpton DeWitt. ;)

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city on a high level. There are 6 levels.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank claessonstravel

Mike Robinson, General Manager: OK C, we couldn't be happier to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for the kind words, and for choosing Kimpton :-)