1,010 results
All reviewswine houryoga matihg memberbluetooth speakercentral stationcomplimentary winethe crowne plazafree teafantastic hotelevery eveningnespresso machineperfect locationmodern designlobby areahotel bardam squarebed was very comfortable
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I was attracted by this hotel after having read up about it on a KLM flight in their onboard magazine. It looked like quite an exclusive hotel and mentioned the daily ´wine reception´ between 17:00 and 18:00 which I thought was quite a nice little treat. Therefore I decided to try it out and book a night as I needed to be in Amsterdam that day anyway.

The hotel is very conveniently located at a stone's throw away from the central station to your right and Dam Plein to your left (when leaving the hotel).
Staff upon arrival were very welcoming. The hotel is nicely decorated with quirky furniture. The room has all necessary amenities and the bathroom rain shower was amazing.

However,

1. For such an expensive hotel (417 euro for one night), I found the wine selection during the wine reception hour very poor in terms of quality. Therefore I asked how frequently these wines were changed and I was told that these same wines were served for a complete season. I think the sommelier should be told to review his selection as I found it quite insulting to customers who have paid this kind of money to stay at this hotel.

2. I made use of the valet service which cost 50 euro for the night. Again quite pricey for driving the car around the block and simply parking it. What annoyed me the most was that the driver executed a U-turn on a busy street with cars, motorcycles and trams without having unfolded the side mirrors and subsequently noticed him driving off in the distance still not having used said mirrors. When the car was returned the following day I noticed the mirrors had been used but had been pulled out manually rather than pressing the button inside as the mirrors where blocked when attempting to adjust them prior to departure. I don't mind paying for valet, but I need to trust the service at least. It is very easy stating no liability on the receipt but I'm sure that a crash caused by not having used the side mirrors would not have been my problem.

In conclusion, I was rather disappointed. I expected quite a bit more from a hotel charging that amount of money.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickvn
Mike R, General Manager at Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Mike Robinson, General Manager: nickvn, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, I do apologize for the inconvenience you experience on the various items noted. I can assure you that I have coached my entire team on your review, to ensure that we continue providing only the best loved service and amenities in town. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We had our second visit to this beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. It felt like returning home, the staff are all so friendly and helpful and the ambiance and feel of the hotel just kicks away the travel fatigue and lets you relax immediately.

The rooms are all beautifully decorated and offer 5 star amenities. Traveling with a family you should definitely try the Little House which is a 2 bedroomed suite spread over 3 floors. We did not want to leave!!

You should also try the Wyers restaurant for dinner. Great choice of food at reasonable prices.

This is a fantastic hotel, you have to try it! And good old Kimpton means you get free wine at 5pm every evening. What a great way to meet other guests and members of the hotel management.

Room Tip: The Little House for a family
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Mike Robinson, General Manager: MikeMiami1, your review just made our day! Thank you so much for your kind words and business, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Very well positioned in down town Amsterdam and within a few minutes walk of Central (train) Station, we got from the airport terminal to the hotel in less than an hour. Styling is very modern so perhaps not to everybody's taste. Only just missed excellent rating as my twin room only provided lounge seat for one. Staff are really good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris S

Mike Robinson, General Manager: Chris S, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Let us know when you're back in town, and we will ensure you are reserved a room with ample seating ;-)

Reviewed 22 May 2018

A good welcome from staff whose English was excellent. The rooms are quirky and comfortable with all the expected amenities and the hotel is situated very conveniently in the historic part of Amsterdam.

But a couple of disappointments. Firstly breakfast, at 21 Euros, seemed rather pricey. And the restaurant area smelled of old fat. We diced to eat out.

Secondly, out room wasn't cleaned. We returned on the first day at 5.00pm and met one of the room service staff in the corridor outside our room. We mentioned that our room hadn't been cleaned and asked her if she could do it, to which she replied 'I will if it is on my list.' We went out to dinner and when we returned at 10.30pm it seems our room wasn't on anyone's list, so wet towels, crumpled beds and dirty cups for the second day.

We mentioned this to the reception staff who apologised but said we should have said something to them, not to the room staff. Not helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBM31

Mike Robinson, General Manager: MBM31, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While I was pleased to read that you were comfortable and enjoyed our location, I was disappointed to hear that we missed the mark on a couple of areas throughout your stay. I can assure you that I have already coached my team on how to prevent these items from reoccurring. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you're back in town, as I would love to personally turn this experience around. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel ticks a lot of boxes. Very clean and looks very new inside, well kept. A five minute walk from Central station and not far too Dam square so a really good location. Rooms are very nice, nice bathroom and very comfy and large beds.
Only issue we had was our room was right next to the lift which made horrendous vibrations constantly. We asked the reception if we could move and within 30minutes another room away from the lift was available so cannot fault them at all. Paul on reception dealt with this issue very well and made sure our stay was perfect. Would definitely stay in this hotel again next time we come to Amsterdam.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidbrown86

Mike Robinson, General Manager: davidbrown86, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and sincerely appreciate the kind words. Please come see us again soon!