New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Waconia, Minnesota
“Fantastic Location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We decided a week before Koninginnedag (The Queen's Birthday Celebration) that we wanted to spend the time in Amsterdam. The Crowne Plaza was able to book a room for us at a decent price when most of Amsterdam was sold out. It is such a good location, just minutes walk from Central Station and Dam Square. Also, it is never far from the hotel to any of the events in the city.
The room was facing the street and yet was quiet enough in spite of the all night parties on the street. It was spacious by European standards. Very clean and nicely decorated. Very comfortable room.
The staff was extremely nice and friendly. This is a very crazy time in Amsterdam but they always had smiles and went the extra mile to ensure all guests were taken care of. They were even able to book us a reservation at Casa di David a fantastic Italian place to eat that turns people away by the droves.
As we visit Amsterdam frequently, we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review following your Queensday retreat in the Netherland. Queensday is indeed one of the busiest leisure weekends in Amsterdam. Many Dutch as well international guests travel to Amsterdam to celibrate the Queensmmom birthday.

I am very pleased to read we were able to book you in at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre. The hotel is indeed centrally located making it a breeze to reach from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and very easy to navigate the city from.

Thank you as well for commenting on our staff and qualifying them as extremely nice and friendly.

Looking forward welcoming you on your next visit to Amsterdam and the Amsterdam Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre. Please contact me at the Hotel to arrange your future reservation for you.

Rooms Division Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel was absolutely perfect, rooms big and clean, nice furniture (at least in the room we stayed:)), big choice of English TV channels, good breakfast and very helpful personnel. Located just in the city centre, so you can simply walk everywhere. Each and every member of staff was smiling and exceptionally polite, it is definitely the best Crowne Plaza I ever stayed in and much better than some 5 stars hotel I've seen before. Would stay there again and recommend to each and everyone.

Room Tip: as usual - rooms on the higher floor are better - try arriving late, then they are often out of stan...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

It is wonderful to read your review on Tripadvisor. We are very proud to read "it is definitely the best Crowne Plaza I ever stayed in and much better than some 5 stars hotel I've seen before".

We shared your comments with our staff as these comments are why we are in the hospitality industry.

Thank you also for commenting on our restaurant New Dorrius, I hope you tried us for lunch or dinner as well. If not then please be welcomed next time you visit Amsterdam.

Looking forward welcoming you back again at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Hotel was far too expensive. Nice hotel and well placed for visiting the sights of Amsterdam. staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about what to see and what to do if asked.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear valued Guest,

Many thanks for your review following your recent trip to Amsterdam.

We would like to get in touch in regards to your visit. We are very glad to see you qualified us as a nice hotel with friendly and knowledgeable staff. We would like however to discuss your other comments with you.

Please contact the me at maurice.janssen@ihg.com at your earliest convenience.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here and the hotel staff had already accessed my past details (from two or three years ago) to make sure I was well looked after. Due to being a Platinum member of the Priority Club I also received various discounts and an upgrade which was a nice surprise.
The first thing I should say is that the front desk staff were all lovely, really helpful and friendly to me and to my five year old grandson.
Sadly we arrived an hour or so before the dreadful train disaster of April 21. Train disruption was expected for our return trip to Schiphol - Crowne Plaza staff were exceptionally helpful in keeping me updated on the travel status and providing my rail tickets to save time and avoid problems at the station. This took a load off my mind as I was also travelling with a small child.
Hotel rooms are extremely clean and the beds are super-comfy! The only problem I had with the room is that it was imposssible to get hold of something lighter than the quilt supplied. Both of us are "hot blooded" ! Eventually I was able to get some spare quilt covers and we slept under those. I would suggest that it would be sensible to have a stock of something light such as a cotton based blanket to provide for those who found quilts too hot - especially in the summer.
Bathroom size is limited compared with the Crowne Plaza Kuwait in which I have spent many months but it is well designed.
Now as regards children - 5 year old Milo made very good use of the desk which was ideal for his Lego building activities - housekeeping staff were good at not disturbing the Lego Starwars and Ninjago projects in progress!
Chidrens Menu is really good with a selection of properly cooked foods and plenty of healthy options eg although there is a hamburger - it is big and thick and definitely homemade form scratch with good meat. The menu itself comes within an activity book and the items are pictured so even very small children can choose what they want without any help. Unfortunately Milo doesnt have a very large appetite. He did enjoy having a pancake made for breakfast and the staff made a specially small one for him.
I have noted below how it is possible to get a lovely quiet room if you ask so you have the benefits of being in a busy central position without any of the drawbacks.
Most importantly, I will once again praise the frontline and restaurant staff for their friendliness and helpfulness - it is a very valuable commodity and you do not always find it in other international chain city centre hotels. And full marks to housekeeping for not disturbing the Lego!!

Room Tip: Although the hotel is very central and near the station it is possible to be given a very quiet room...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jdaydreams
Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience with the travelcommunity. It is always great to hear from our guests as this enables us to improve service.

I am very pleased to hear you truly enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre. I see your grandson received the Crowne Plaza Kids Play booklet. It is great to see it was of great use. Allthough not being a big eater I hope he enjoyed the remainder of the to-do things in the booklet.

We have been in contact in the meantime in regards to the blankets. Thank you very much for your imput. It is greatly appreciated.

We look forward welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre on your next visit to Amsterdam.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago, the location is great, service especially good and the food at breakfast fantastic.

I am a Royal Ambassador Member, but from the minute I walked in the hotel it felt like home, very good hotel in the centre of Amsterdam.

Highly Recommend this to anyone visiting for business, holidays, etc.

Room Tip: I would suggest do not get the ones that go down the stairs after you exit the lift, they feel a lit...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tysin3000
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for your comments following your recent trip to the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.

It is fantastic to read you "felt right at home". I would like to thank you for being a Priority Club member with Crowne Plaza and even a Royal Ambassador member with InterContinental hotels. Both programmes give you great benefits at the various hotels. We do hope you enjoyed the additional benefits that we as a Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre provided you with.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon to the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.