1,378 results
All reviewsartis zootram stophampshire hotelcity centrecentral stationdam squarevending machineminute walknumber tramquiet areastayed here for nightsenglish channelsfamily roomtea and coffeereception areashort breakbreakfast room
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Would not stay here again small cramped never felt the radiator warm over the three days stay, only good thing about the establishment was the tea and coffee lounge were you could help yourself to tea and coffee

Room Tip: Not warm and comfy , renovating near to room,a machine noise and don't think we had room cleaned.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hansk020, General Manager at The Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Sir,

thank you for writing your review.
I am sorry that the information provided on the webiste about our room sizes was not clear for you.
We would have gladly offered you another room if we had known during your stay. I do hope thate despite the small room, you enjoyed your trip.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Good situation on the inner of the city. The bathroom and the room are new and clean. The staff are so kind and helpfull, they speaks english and some spanish too. In front of are a zoo called artis and on the same road is placed the Rembrand`s house.

Room Tip: The rooms are not cleaning each day but are keep, thats the important thing.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sir, Madam,

thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your kind words.
I hope we may welcome you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for in March for my boyfriends birthday. What a great hotel, staff all friendly and helpful, hotel clean and tidy and great location. As it was my boyfriend birthday I emailed the hotel asking if they could do little surprise for him, they were more than happy to do so. We arrived at 10:30am, 10 minutes into checking into our room, two staff members brought a hamper which included some goodies! Thank you very much. Defiantly recommend. Can’t wait to return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Hansk020, General Manager at The Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Amy,

thank you for writing your review, I am gald we could be of help.
I hope we may welcome you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in March. Lovely quiet location with coffee shops and bars a short walk down the street. Staff are friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful. Rooms are a little small but clean and functional. The tram stops outside and is so convenient when travelling into the busier Dam Square and Rembrandt Square. Would definitely stay here again. Great Joel in a great city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Hansk020, General Manager at The Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Rosemarie,

thank you very much for your review and your compliments on our staff, I will pass them on to them.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I came to this hotel on easter holiday with my wife and we stayed in room #216 for two nights. We came here because when I booked the hotel (5 days before arrival) it was the cheapest option (2 nights at 485€). I repeat, the cheapest at this time of the season in the nearby!!!

The room itself is pretty nice and nicely furnitured with a view to the park behind the hotel and a bathroom not as big as expected but 100% functional and with some toilettries.

Tip of the day:
Room #216 is one of the biggest rooms in the hotel. I don’t know whether if it is because its double bed (queen size) or because of the specific location in the corner of the building. Whatever the reason is, ask for #216 in your booking if you want a large and quiet room.

I can’t say anything about the breakfast because I didn’t include it in my booking. Actually, paying 15€/day for the breakfast is rather expensive even more when you have, at least, 3 different coffee bars with breakfasts (hot drink, orange juice and pastries or sandwich) around 8€, in less than 50m from the hotel in th same street.

No comments about the cleaning and the staff.

With regards to the location and public transportation in the nearby, the hotel is at 10’ walk from downtown and at 1’ walk from the tram line #9, which can take you downtown and to the railway central station.

Summing up, not a bad choice for a city break. A little bit expensive though!

Dear Sir, Madam,

thank you very much for writing your review.

Kind regards, hans