4,331 results
All reviews singel canal beautiful hotel dam square canal view room complimentary coffee within walking distance jacuzzi bath deluxe room nine streets perfect location lobby area anne frank house flower market loved this hotel beautiful room major attractions would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My wife and I booked three nights at the hotel.
We love boutique hotels but Hotel Estherea was perfect !!
It starts with the service and attitude of all the staff, always welcoming, pleasant and at a high level of service.
The room was beautiful and decorated and the bed was very comfortable.
The coffee and cookies area in the lobby is really pleasant, and the breakfast is very tasty.
If you want to enjoy Amsterdam and not just the city then this is the hotel for you ..

Room Tip: perfect!!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Singel Canal is an amazing location, with Flower Market at one end and Central Station the other. Has red light brothels, cafes and restaurants, churches and arts - eclectic like all of The Netherlands. Our Delux rooms were a decent size, some with spa! Ordinary rooms, you would struggle to have two suitcases open at the same time. Staff are brilliant! Decor is extravagant. OLD WORLD CHARM. Elevators, 2 minute taxi service. Can't fault the place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This is a beautiful hotel on a lovely canal.The elegant charm is mixed with modern convenience most travelers would expect. My husband and I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights before boarding our Viking River Cruise. Check-in was quick and easy. All hotel staff we encountered during our stay spoke English and were quite helpful. The huge brass room key is accompanied by a key card that unlocks you room's door. If you leave the hotel, you drop your key by the front desk, and retrieve it upon returning to the hotel. We had no issues or long waits with this. We had a room on the second floor overlooking the canal. I would recommend a canal view room. It was quiet and one of the expansive windows opened to allow for fresh air to come in. The A/C system is a mini machine by US standards, but the temperatures do not call for a turbo A/C. There was a large duvet and a rather rough bed spread on the double bed in our room. I would have enjoyed if a flat sheet was included in the bedding. Otherwise, the bed was not only beautiful, but also quite comfortable despite its diminutive size. Two water bottles are replenished daily in a rather large wall beverage fridge. It seems like a rather large system to fill with two measly bottles of water. The bathroom in our room was extremely small but well equipped and it appeared to have been recently renovated. The tub/shower combo was tight, as was the small sink, toilet and vanity. Louvered, full length swinging double doors served as the bathroom door. There is no bathroom fan. L'Occitane soaps, shampoo, conditioner and shower wash are available. A small bath salt cube was also included one of the two nights. The towels in the bathroom were somewhat of a disappointment compared to the overall quality of the hotel. The were rough, and did not scream 'luxury'. The blow dryer had a plate that slid from side to side to expose either a European two pronged or a standard American corded plug. Upon registration, you are lead to your room by a staff member. There is a small elevator and steep stairs in the hotel. You will be left with a hotel IPad and I recommend you read the hotel information included on it, and look at the nearby tourist attractions explained on the device, too. The hotel refreshments are delightful! Flavored water or a slightly sweetened tea or lemonade were elegantly displayed in the hotel lobby with an array of cookies, chocolates, tea biscuits & surprises for the guests to grab and enjoy in the nearby bar or in one of the many chairs or sofas nearby. Additionally, there is an automated coffee, tea, espresso, hot chocolate, latte, etc. machine in the lobby area. To-Go cups are supplied, so you may grab a cup of Joe before heading out for the day or you may whip up a cup of camomile tea as I did to enjoy during a good, long soak in the bath tub.
You must have drink in the hotel bar! It is over the top beautiful, and I had a fabulous bowl of asparagus soup there. The prices for the bar food were reasonable for better than average bar food. The complimentary nuts & olives also helped to make the visit extra special. The television in the room was minuscule and quite far from the bed. We were so busy and there were a only a couple of American channels provided, so we did not bother turning it on.
The biggest negative we experienced was the spotty 'free wifi'. There were periods of time where we were dropped 4-5 times in an hour! We intended on having the breakfast buffet at the hotel, but we slept in too late. We did have the desk store our luggage and then call us a taxi to our Viking Boat which cost us 20Euros. The hotel strives to create a very positive experience for its guests.

Room Tip: Splurge and opt for a canal view room!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mombinni
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Stayed here as our daughter was working in Amsterdam and we were visiting for a long weekend and had things to see before we met up with her.

Super location walkable to where we needed to go and well known enough to ensure the uber drivers could pick us up and drop us back.

Well appointed room but due to the age of the building a slightly unusual layout but the bed was superb.

They had just refurbished the bar area which is very nice when we were there and husband and daughters boyfriend watch the rugby in my iPad while my daughter and I sampled the cocktail menu which was very good. Unfortunately due to the layout the nice big comfy table couldn't be seen from the bar but once you got their attention they were friendly and helpful.

Good hotel would go back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank linkeo
Reviewed 13 July 2017

My friends and I stayed at Hotel Estherea for three nights as a stopover prior to visiting Africa. The hotel was lovely. They serve coffee, lattes and tea in the foyer along with delicious biscuits! The hotel is centrally located and we were able to walk everywhere. On my first night a group of people decided to have a party on the street below my window so my first night was not restful (although the room was lovely) The following day I requested a room change and the desk staff could not have been more accommodating. The hotel also provided me with an electrical adaptor as none of the three I had with me were compatible. I would certainly return to this hotel in the future. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends