“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cork, Ireland
“Great location”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. Our room was facing onto the street where the trams travel so I was a bit nervous about the noise from there but I have to say noise was definitely not a problem! The windows are very thick and once they are closed we found that noise from the street was minimal!

The location of this hotel is brilliant - 5 minutes from central station and 5 minutes from Dam Square! The trams literally stop outside the door which is very handy too!

The one thing I would say is make sure that you are comfortable with the person you are travelling with! The rooms are very small and oddly shaped and when people say that the walls of the bathroom are glass, they are not exaggerating! They are clear glass at the top and bottom and frosted glass in the middle! I found this a bit unnerving at the beginning! You do have to just avert your eyes and look out the window or at the television while your friend uses the bathroom!

Saying that though, I would stay here again and I would recommend it to a friend!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Muinteoir_Mishka
EJBAmsterdam, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Muinteoir_Mishka,

Thank you for your positive comments on you stay with us.

I hope we may welcoming you again soon.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel was overall ok, and my review would probably be more positive if it weren't for the following: too pricey and with a discomforting bed. I don't know much about the Netherlands average price for hotels, but after travelling up and down all Europe, I expected something more for almost 200 euros per night, no breakfast included. The room was very small and the bathroom was separated by glass only, that requires some good level of closeness with your roommate... But then again, I would have found it a good deal if we were paying half the price. The double bed was made by two separate matrasses and separate blanketts and linen. Again, in the beginning I thought it was the Netherland way, but on day three of my stay I heard another customer asking to change his room for this reason, and he got it. We decided not to ask to change our room because it was our last night anyway. The staff was helpful and the hotel sells tkts to the main museums, which spares you endless lines. Clean enough and very quite (the windows have double glasses). Great location, 3 minutes walk from Dam square. I would eventually recommend it, if at a better price.

Room Tip: Specify clearly if you want a double bed - not two single pushed together.
1 Thank jbjrz
Dear jbjrz,

Dear B C,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay with us recently. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. During this period there is a high demand for rooms in Amsterdam, especially in the city centre. Therefore rates vary every day.

Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Pro: located in the heart of Amsterdam; everything your travellers guide tells you to see is in walking distance of max. 30min; very friendly checkin; receptionists allways friendly and helpful; liked the glass walls of the bathroom
Con: not the cleanest room I've seen but still ok; use of the toilet might be a challenge for "bigger" people :-)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank B C
Dear B C,

Thank you for tailing the time to respond to your stay with us recently. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were booked to stay two nights but left after one. Our room (412) fronted the main street and was incredibly noisy. The (very small) bathroom walls are glass with frosted sections for 'privacy' and very badly fitting door, bad enough for a couple but when in a triple room the lack of privacy was a real inconvenience. Matresses were too big for the base and if you got close to the edge you felt as if you were falling out of bed. Staff did offer to change room for the second night but it was either going to be a noisy room with proper bathroom or quiet room with glass bathroom, neither a compromise we were prepared to make. Despite the reservation being non refundable we decided to leave after the first night. Reception staff were really unhelpful and rude telling me that I should have looked at the pictures on the website in advance of booking.

Room Tip: If you are prepared to live with the lack of privacy in the bathrooms make sure you ask for a room w...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chillichops
Dear Chillichops,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have discussed your comments with my team. If there is a possibility of offering you another room after the first night we would have done this. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but still hope we may welcoming you again. If so, please let me know at erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed here from April 4th - 7th. This hotel is a 5 min walk from Central station. This was gereat for us because we flew in to Eindhoven, got the bus to Central station in Amsterdam. Its also 5 min from Dam Square. Hotel room is small as are most in Amsterdam. Bathroom however is big with a great shower. Staff in hotel are friendly. Hotel is spotless. Amsterdam is a lovely city with loads to see. Leidsplein area is probably my favourite.
I found the cheapest rate for this hotel on Lastminute.com. It averaged out about 140 euro's a night, midweek.
A small complaint....I left a key behind and emailed the hotel as soon as I got home. The haven't yet replied!!

1 Thank Tanyacherie
EJBAmsterdam, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Tanyacherie,

Thank you for sharing you positive feedback with us and other potential guests. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in Amsterdam.

Regarding the lost key, could you please send me your contact details to erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl because we did not receive the mail and I would like to solve this for you.

Erik-jan Bausch