All reviews city rooftops studio apartment boutique feel minutes walk from central great location central location train station roof terrace good size frosted glass complimentary breakfast lovely bathroom small fridge nice hotel bars and restaurants fourth floor two nights
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed two nights in this small boutique hotel. The fit out was new and simplistic. We were in a twin room with ample space and a good sized bathroom. The reception area is open and welcoming as are the staff who are available 24/7 to assist you with directions, restaurant recommendations or an umbrella if it's raining.

It's located within an easy walk of the central station and is an oasis from the hustle and bustle of the red light district but still within easy walk of it.

A great place to staff for romantic couples or friends traveling together.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in room 403 with the roof terrace so we could smoke. Are room was on the back of the hotel which was quiet, the room was clean and tidy and it was cleaned every day during my stay and had towels, sampoos and coffees stocked up also,
Found the staff very friendly and helpfull Aswell, would use them again,
P.s the shower screen leaves nothing to the imagination

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

First time in Amsterdam for a Birthday celebration. We chose this hotel because of its location. The location was great, it was near by the tourist areas. Amsterdam central station was 10 minutes walk.

Our room was tiny. We had the double room with the roof terrace. There wasn’t enough space to walk around the room, It was disappointing. The bathroom needed updating and needed deep clean.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenj3n
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this Hotel acted within their policies which is clearly outlined on the website and all travel booking sites.
They have policies in place and they acted within those.

But at what cost?

Let’s start with the positives.
Great location.
The room for European standards was a good size and we had a king size bed.
The windows made it light and breezy.
But that’s about it.

On to what we will call negatives.
We upgraded to the “Penthouse” which is on the 5th floor. The lifts only go to the 4th. My husband has to carry our large bags up a spiral staircase.
I would have never been able to do it.
The instructions around check out time etc was very clearly displayed, they would charge €100 for every hour you were over time.
The bath products were cheap and minimal.
The towels were old and crunchy. Nothing like I was expecting for the approximately $450 per night we were paying.

All that I could cope with but this Hotel is only interested in making money, had no customer focus, and lacked what appeared to be a soul.

The issue we had before we arrived was that originally we were to travel with another couple but sadly her mother is gravely ill and was unable to come with us.
We missed cancelling their room by 8 hours according to their policy but they didn’t care. There was no compassion.
The booking.com agent called and asked them to consider waiving it but no they charged it.
We upgraded at an additional cost of approximately $400 but no they charged it.
The Hotel was fully booked for the Friday and Saturday night but they still charged it.
All their messaging is about what they will charge you. It was quite within their right to charge them, but it was heartless.

This hotel needs to change their thinking to looking at their business from a customers view if they want repeat or referred business. They need to look outward not inwards.

So finally I always come back to not what they said or did but how a place made me feel. The Bank Hotel made me feel like a number, in fact a number of Euros, that’s it!

Based on this I would never return to, or recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy W
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights here and was happy enough. Coffee machine was a nice touch as was having a small fridge! A little noisy from street early in the night, but not enough to keep us awake. Noted though that noise from other rooms was very noticeable. Room was spacious and I loved the doors/windows that opened to the street. Location is superb. All in all, I'd be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple