All reviews city rooftops studio apartment boutique feel great location minutes walk from central small fridge central location train station roof terrace good size check in was easy frosted glass complimentary breakfast lovely bathroom plenty of hot water restaurants and shops fourth floor
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I booked this hotel via booking.com, under the conditions of no prepayment and free cancellation up to 2 days before my stay. I then received an email to say that they would "block" the cost of my stay on the card used for TWO WEEKS prior to my arrival. I rang the hotel and was told that this was not a payment (??) but yes, those funds wouldn't be available to me over these two weeks.I see no absolutely reason for this and I was told that if I didn't like it to cancel the booking. So I did.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank vixky
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Nice, but old building as city centre and loud. So definitely come here but take earplugs
Great that coffee machine is in the room, cosmetics from very good brand - Rituals, spacious and comfortable. Window goes on the street but window sill is low so don recommend to stay with child for security reasons. Curtains are complete blackout but bathroom shower glass is a bit too short so when you take a shower water is everywhere
Also because it's just a glass divided between bathroom and bedroom you can hear everything
In summary - nice hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Mostly positive, helpful, pleasant staff, great bathroom and comfortable bed, 10 minute walk to Central Station, very central and easy walking to all the attractions, situated on a lovely street with shops/bars/cafes, only negative was minimal storage space - narrow wardrobe but no drawers. Would stay again due to it's location.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Large rooms for three, good size beds and bathrooms, staff was very helpful for restaurants in the neighborhood.
Easy walk to and from the train station, which is the hub for all transportation (Train, Bus, Trolleys, Boats, Bikes, and Taxi.
Lots of places to eat on this street, a few "coffee shops", same day laundry service about a block away, easy walking to Dam Square, and the Joordan Neighborhood.
Best splurge restaurant Daalder, Lindengracht 90, 1015 KK Amsterdam a 5-star meal for a three-star price, fixed price lunch or dinner 4-5 or 7-course meal, we had the 5 course with wine pairing for about $100 a head, in my opinion as good as Alinea in Chicago, 11 Madison in NY, or Lusk in San Francisco.

Room Tip: Near the back and as high up as you can.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel, very clean and a nice feel to the rooms. Not sure if it was the 55km we walked in 3 days, the beer (and other popular local delicacies) or what but the beds that were in our room were outstandingly comfortable and I slept like a baby. We actually asked the hotel where they bought their mattresses and I want to buy one if they ship to the uk they were that comfortable

It was a bit noisy in the corridor next to our room but that was other guests knocking at their door over the other side to us, it sounded like one of them lost their key at about 5am and tried to knock and wake up their partner/whoever to let them back in screeching in a horrible scouse accent, nothing the hotel could do about it really and we didn't mention it to them but it's worth noting you can hear conversations in the corridor quite clearly from inside the room and you can also hear into rooms from the corridor.

It's in a great location, easy 5 or 10 (at most) minute walk from central station but like most of Amsterdam is very flat and it's well shaded with the 4/5+ storey style buildings, it's been hot and sweaty this weekend, 24 degrees C or thereabouts and walking to and from the centre and to where we have been visiting has been no problem at all, it's on a lovely street as well, nice shops and bars close by and a good base for all of Amsterdam's attractions really.

Also worth noting that I mistakenly left about €400 cash out on the side of the bedside cabinet, not totally out of sight, and it was still there when we returned and the maids had been in and changed the beds. It's the least you can expect to not have your belongings stolen but it's not uncommon for things to go missing in hotels and I was pleasantly relieved and surprised to see it still there when I got back and thought it was pretty indicative of the integrity of the staff. Staff were very friendly and helpful in our brief interactions as well.

I would definitely stay there again next time I'm in Amsterdam

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends